Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siberiaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Novosibirsk, Russia
Hi all,

I have one question: would you please share with me your thoughts about excluding Russia from App Stores list for sales/distribution? (your own experience or may be you know cases with other developers)

I understand what sometimes such restrictions could be caused by technology export law's restrictions. But if no law restrictions, why?..

To be clear: I know many users who yelling "Shame on the Apple" for restricting us (Russians) into a "iFart jail", as we have no options to buy music or movies/series in iTunes and sometimes also couldn't buy Apps. But as I know this is a developer's decision in which App Stores his App will be available for sale. So I asked you :)

Also I suggest you my hand in case you need to review your App's description in Russian. Right now I am a iOS hard learner (take much from the community) and only one thing that I could contribute in back is my Russian language knowledge as a native speaker.

So feel free to ask my help here or via my special blog http://fixmyappdescrus.blogspot.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.