PDA

View Full Version : battery fully charged - at 95%?

sbb155
Feb 10, 2011, 03:30 AM
Bout an MBBA refurb. When I first charged it, it says it is fully charged, but battery is only at 95%. what gives? do i return it?

juro
Feb 10, 2011, 03:46 AM
Let it drain to about 94% and then charge it again - it will fully charge to 100% after.

This is just Apple's way of minimizing the cycling of the battery. Call it an allowance, if you will.

It always reads fully charged when at 95%.

sbb155
Feb 10, 2011, 06:03 AM
and the other issue is that now that it drains a little, it seems to drain pretty fast. It 10 minutes of internet surfing it has gone from 100% to 90%. Is this normal? Screen is on lowest brightness and no video is playing. Just surfing these forums, no other apps open. I am on wifi.

aldo818
Feb 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
Are you guys talking about the battery health or charge? Mine since i got it never got over 96% in battery health but i get 100 % charge .

At the beginning i was worried with this battery health thing but then i called apple care and read in this forum that it s normal. Eventhough i would prefer it to be at 100%

BlackMax
Feb 10, 2011, 09:32 AM
I've had my refurb MBA 11.6 now for about two weeks. I've calibrated my battery twice in that time (run on battery until the MBA shuts down, let it sit for 6+ hours and then charge it completely) and my battery had never gotten above 98% when fully charged.

I realize it is just being nit-picky, but I would like it to reach 100% as well when fully charged. I will try juro's recommendation above and see if that works for me.

GGJstudios
Feb 10, 2011, 11:51 AM
Bout an MBBA refurb. When I first charged it, it says it is fully charged, but battery is only at 95%. what gives? do i return it?
It's working as designed. Note the section on CHARGING in the following link.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)