Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
There's a nifty wal;kthrough of having 2 buttons blended into a grouped tableview over at http://meeu.me/blog/two-buttons-uitableview

This is exactly what I need so I followed the guide and it looks good except a top line of the cell is showing.

If you have a peek at the screen shot, I've commented out the part where I'm setting a background colour and I've also made the buttons a wee bit smaller just to show the line itself.

It's the top line surrounding the cell! I've tried to make the tableViewCell, the view, everything, bigger.

Any ideas how I can get rid of the line???

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution.

In the UITableView - make sure to set the separator not to be single line etched.

Attachments

• 2buttons.png
    2buttons.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks forum user, I do appreciate your help here. I am still playing with the borders here but I haven't found the correct way yet.

PS. The method in the link I posted is rubbish. Don't use it. If you add cells to the table this cell won't render right. The effect can easily be achieved in IB and all cells will render properly.

(You still get that annoying line though...)

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Resolved!

After looking a bit harder it would appear that the top line in every section of my table had a slightly thicker line, like a shadow.

I was blindly looking at my cell thinking it was something wrong there.

Turned out that my table was using single line etched as separator. Once changed to single line for the UItableview the nasty line went away. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.