PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ATV/iMac/SSH/AFP

drgrafix
Feb 10, 2011, 07:10 AM
Is there anyone who can tell me in layman's language how to enable SSH and AFP on my iMac? I am having problems with my Gen1 ATV which seems to have "lost" my Media drive. It was working fine, then all of a sudden one morning it said the drive was disconnected. The guys over in the Boxee forum have been trying to help me, but unfortunately... some of the suggestions are beyond my understanding. Forgive me for that. Installing or rather enabling SSH and AFP would probably help resolve my problems but for the life of me I can't find anything in Google that specifically shows step-by-step... how to do this. I read about "mounting" a volume or drive and I don't know how to do that.

I'm trying to resolve some of the following:

Dumps 10.4.9.dmp in ~/frontrow/documents/

Where is ~/frontrow/documents? Is it on my mac or on the ATV? I can't find a directory within the ATV menus/settings or anyplace obvious. I type ~/frontrow/documents in finder on my mac... nada.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

copy 1.0.dmg into same location.

Got the file on my mac, just have to find the Frontrow folder LOL.

FYI - Try deleting userdata first to fix your smb issue.

Gladly... but once again, where will I find the exact userdata to delete and not delete something unrelated to ATV?

SSH in (ssh frontrow@appletv.local)
password - frontrow

issue:

sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/BOXEE

Its kind of Greek to me LOL. So slap me around... make fun of me but give me some help!

Thanks.