Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
I checked everywhere to find any dents or scratches, but damn none. It's perfect.

I am trying to find if there is anything else I can do to find any possible defects. Anything I should do to check?

My battery had 5 cycle already when I got it. Is that normal?

I am not trying to find problems. I hope I don't, but I am being cautious because I intend to keep this laptop for years and beyond.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I am trying to find if there is anything else I can do to find any possible defects. Anything I should do to check?
Apple refurbs go through a very thorough testing process before they offer them, so there's no need to dig for problems. If one occurs, it's covered by warranty.
My battery had 5 cycle already when I got it. Is that normal?
Yes, it's normal. Just calibrate it (instructions in the link below) and enjoy it!

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I'm glad everything is good with your MBA. I'm thinking about buying one, how do the refurbished ones come packaged?

The same as all Apple refurbished, in a plain brown box. It has no graphics on the box but the contents are identical to a new machine.

marzxbarz

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
They come in a white cardboard box and the laptop is suspended between two styrofoam cradles, along with a cardboard pouch with all the software and cables thats labeled 'Apple Certified'.

The only difference between the new and refurb packaging is the box and the pouch. The laptop comes wrapped in that plastic so you get that gratifying feel of opening a 'new' laptop out of its plastic :)

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
I have to say honestly felt a little bit sad that it didn't come in a nice box.

I opened the brown box and the MBA was right there wedged between two pieces of grey foam. No fancy plastic to remove, no little neatly organized white box to open up.

Just open the box, and turn it on.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just enjoy it for God sakes!
Apple refurbs are excellent purchases! I've bought one and would again!

Cwrkr

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
You can trust Apple

I just received my refurb MBA 13" ultimate. The shift button was sticking. I brought it to the Apple store and they replaced it with a new one. No questions asked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.