Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YouBestNotMiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
I currently got the Incipio NGP on my iPhone 4. Imo it's a little bulky and loose on the sides! So I am looking for a new case, which is tight fitting and rather thin. The headphone jack cutout has to be rather large as well (like the NGP), since I use other headphones.
Additionaly, the cutout for the dock connector should be large enough to fit my FM transmitter for example. (no must tho)
Lay on the table design is a must of course.

I did use this case http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/2010/11/12/sgp-neo-hybrid-case-iphone-4.html. Really enjoyed the tight fight and sleek look of it, BUT the headphone cutout was too small!

Last edited:

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
I recommend iFrogz Luxe Lean. It depends on how much protection you want. The Luxe Lean case will help protect but it is more for back scratch guard in a very unique and incredibly thin package. Its made of some kind of soft very durable and tough plastic. Not easy to scratch.

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I currently got the Incipio NGP on my iPhone 4. Imo it's a little bulky and loose on the sides! So I am looking for a new case, which is tight fitting and rather thin. The headphone jack cutout has to be rather large as well (like the NGP), since I use other headphones.
Additionaly, the cutout for the dock connector should be large enough to fit my FM transmitter for example. (no must tho)
Lay on the table design is a must of course.

I did use this case http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/2010/11/12/sgp-neo-hybrid-case-iphone-4.html. Really enjoyed the tight fight and sleek look of it, BUT the headphone cutout was too small!

If you find something else and want to sell your NGP, send me a PM. Might be interested for the right price.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
California
see thru and see thru satin are good, i still use my see thru satin its my favorite case.

I wa also thinking of getting the see thru satin in replacement of my SGP neo hybrid matte. In your opinion, how much thicker is the see thru satin, compared to the SGP neo hybrid matte?

derek420

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
Killa Cali
I got the Speck PixelSkin HD and couldn't be happier with it. It's a rigid kind of material, fits perfect, and looks damn good.

eclone

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
I recommend iFrogz Luxe Lean. It depends on how much protection you want. The Luxe Lean case will help protect but it is more for back scratch guard in a very unique and incredibly thin package. Its made of some kind of soft very durable and tough plastic. Not easy to scratch.

Luxe Lean is one of my fav cases but the second part of the quoted post is not true. The surface is painted and the paint is very soft and delicate. Paint comes off when wiping with a wet microfibre towel and paint chips very easily. I always have to watch where and how I place my phone when I'm using the Luxe Lean. With that said, I would still recommend this case.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
How much protection do you want? There are cases that are literally paper thin (not the switcheasy one) like the pinlo slice 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.