Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amnak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is there an app that would allow me to push my phone text maybe even calls sent to my Mac or iPad so I could reply without touching my phone? I loved that pre to touchpad stuff of course it wouldn't be streamlined or native. Apple should definitely add this !

Amnak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
Just came back to this post I don't believe that there is nothing that could do this? No one finds this useful?

bigred7078

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2010
USA
Just came back to this post I don't believe that there is nothing that could do this? No one finds this useful?

It would be very useful, but I don't believe there is anything that allows this not even jailbroken apps.

flyingturtle

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
You can do what you want and more with Google Voice. I send, receive text messages from either my iPhone, iPad or computer. I can also receive calls, too, on my computer, as well as check my voice mails from computer or iOS device. I even get transcripts of my voice emails (although the voice-to-text feature is a bit wonky).

iPhone has a Google Voice app.

Requires though that you give your Google Voice number to people, alternatively you can port your existing cell number to Google Voice and use that as your primary number. Takes 24 hours to complete the port.

Amnak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
You can do what you want and more with Google Voice. I send, receive text messages from either my iPhone, iPad or computer. I can also receive calls, too, on my computer, as well as check my voice mails from computer or iOS device. I even get transcripts of my voice emails (although the voice-to-text feature is a bit wonky).

iPhone has a Google Voice app.

Requires though that you give your Google Voice number to people, alternatively you can port your existing cell number to Google Voice and use that as your primary number. Takes 24 hours to complete the port.

Here is another vote for GoogleVoice.

Now this docent work like aim to phone right because that's just awfull it always goes the persons phone asking if they accept. And if I use it would it show up as my iPhone number or a new google voice number.

I think if Apple wasn't already planning something like this with the annoucment if these features on the new HP devices and Androids great google maps, voice and mail integration; they'll be forced to do something jurastic with iOS now.

PopCulture

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Yeah, Google voice is incredible. I lost my cell phone last week and installed the program. You call any phone in the US for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.