Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPizzzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Hey all,
My booq taipan skin 11 came in, and I have a question for any of you who have used this model or version of it. Has the zippers sratched the computer at all? i know there's barrier, but i'm worried if its stuffed in a bad or pushed against something then it may make contact. I'm guessing it would if I put it in with the front facing the zippers. Any feedback is appreciated. Thx

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I don't have the Taipan, but I have the booq Vyper. The zippers never touch my MBP. If you deliberately try hard enough, you might be able to twist your MBA in such a way as to contact the zippers, but it's extremely unlikely that it would happen with normal use.

JPizzzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
I don't have the Taipan, but I have the booq Vyper. The zippers never touch my MBP. If you deliberately try hard enough, you might be able to twist your MBA in such a way as to contact the zippers, but it's extremely unlikely that it would happen with normal use.

Hey, The air is in its own compartment within the vyper, and protected. The taipan has a jersey knit that supposed to protect it. I just want to check with people before I throw it in there.

DeuxIt

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
Hey, The air is in its own compartment within the vyper, and protected. The taipan has a jersey knit that supposed to protect it. I just want to check with people before I throw it in there.

it has never scratched my mbp. had it two years now. i think instinctively i pull the zipper away from the computer as i zip around but i am not careful about that or otherwise careful about loading into the sleeve. the zipper itself is nylon, only the closer is metal. the nylon zipper would not likely cause any abrasions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.