Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I recently purchased the Powersupport Anti-Glare + Crystal rear and while I absolutely LOVE the Anti-Glare front... I can't stand the Crystal backing. I was wondering if anyone makes a DRY Anti-Glare/Matte rear for the Ip4?

Why PS doesn't sell this as an option is beyond me! :(

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I ordered my PS anti glare front & crystal rear a few minutes ago.

Believe it or not, I think the ONLY reason PS doesn't sell it is a antiglare backing would make the phone extremely slick and easy to drop. The antiglare doesn't grip your fingers whatsoever, whereas the crystal sort of grips to your fingers (moreso than bare glass).

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
sgpstore.com sells an anti-glare kit that's matte on both sides.

switcheasy has a kit with both sides in matte. i've personally used the switcheasy films and i think they're good for the back side. the screen side film isnt nearly as good as the ones from powersupport, though.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Phantom Skinz matte back. Oh wait think it's a wet apply. Looks great though, search for pics in forums.

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I actually bought the matte phantom skinz backing for the ip4. It's a little thicker than most anti glare skins. It also has more grip than most, never slides out of my hand, and almost never have to wipe it down. Check out youtube for some reviews.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I just picked up these matte protectors from SlickWraps. They were having a sale on these where it was "free" but shipping was $3. Not sure if that's still going on or not. Here's the website in case you're interested. Haven't put mine on yet but the back looks pretty good.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 62
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.