PDA

View Full Version : Which Upgrade to get

knew2mack
Feb 12, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi all,

I am currently using Leopard and have iLife 08. Really wanting to get iLife 09 but read somewhere it's better to wait for the next 'big' release that Apple comes out with.
Can any of you suggest if I should wait until they come out with Lion which will have iiLife 11 on it?? And is any of that true?
Are the features between Leopard and Snow Leopard THAT significant and great that I should buy now or wait? Isn't there supposed to be another upgrade around summer of this year??

thanks

Hellhammer
Feb 12, 2011, 11:28 AM
iLife '11 is already available. Lion will be released in summer according to Apple but like any OS X update, it will NOT include the latest iLife. If you've been fine with Leopard for now, just wait. The features in Snow Leopard are mainly under the hood so you wouldn't notice much difference.

knew2mack
Feb 12, 2011, 11:42 AM
thanks. you don't think there will be another iLife upgrade sny timr soon tho right, cause i'd really like togo ahead n get the better features from newer. iLife 08 seems so archaic to me now.

Hellhammer
Feb 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
thanks. you don't think there will be another iLife upgrade sny timr soon tho right, cause i'd really like togo ahead n get the better features from newer. iLife 08 seems so archaic to me now.

iLife '11 was released only couple of months ago. Apple totally skipped iLife '10 so I would say we are at least 8 or 9 months away from iLife '12, or maybe Apple will jump straight to iLife '13.

knew2mack
Feb 14, 2011, 09:07 PM
Thank you!!!!