PDA

View Full Version : Buying a mac




yokelono
Feb 12, 2011, 09:45 PM
I'm planning on buying a MacBook (not Pro or Air) in the next few weeks, but I'm worried that a new model or refresh might come out a few months after.

Has anyone heard rumors to this effect or am I safe to buy my MacBook?

Thanks!



GfulDedFan
Feb 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
Whenever you buy one, an update will happen within a time period. You could wait and then buy but when another time period elapses, you will wish you waited longer. This kind of thinking will result in a feeling that the best thing to do is never buy one.

You need to determine what you need and when you need it.

leftywamumonkey
Feb 13, 2011, 12:32 AM
Whenever you buy one, an update will happen within a time period. You could wait and then buy but when another time period elapses, you will wish you waited longer. This kind of thinking will result in a feeling that the best thing to do is never buy one.

You need to determine what you need and when you need it.

You could wait until the end of March at least, if you can of course.

yokelono
Feb 13, 2011, 10:42 AM
Whenever you buy one, an update will happen within a time period. You could wait and then buy but when another time period elapses, you will wish you waited longer. This kind of thinking will result in a feeling that the best thing to do is never buy one.

You need to determine what you need and when you need it.

I was really simply asking if you guys thought I should wait for the MacPro refreshes in March to see if anything happens with the MacBook, or if I should buy it next week. Obviously I can't keep waiting out for a better model because refreshes happen almost yearly. I just have until April to buy my new computer because that is when I graduate from University and am no longer subject to educational pricing, so I wanted to know whether it was worth it to wait until then.

Thanks for your help though.

Btrthnezr3
Feb 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it were me, I would wait.

mr123cool
Feb 13, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm planning on buying a MacBook (not Pro or Air) in the next few weeks, but I'm worried that a new model or refresh might come out a few months after.

Has anyone heard rumors to this effect or am I safe to buy my MacBook?

Thanks!

same case here guys...just wanna know wen will the new macbook (not pro/air) will come so that within a mnth or so my new machine doesnt become "öld"...i can wait till april...so pls lemme know...thx!!

macgeek18
Feb 16, 2011, 01:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just bought an 08 MB Aluminum base model and it fits my needs perfectly. I have learned you don't always need the latest and greatest.