Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symple84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
I tried searching but no luck. I have a few Blu ray movies which I am trying to convert through IMtoo to stream via iTunes but the quality is really bad. I tried messing with the settings and even tried making the output suitable for Apple TV - its one of the options. So is there a way to get ripped movies to look better when sharing through itunes?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I tried searching but no luck. I have a few Blu ray movies which I am trying to convert through IMtoo to stream via iTunes but the quality is really bad. I tried messing with the settings and even tried making the output suitable for Apple TV - its one of the options. So is there a way to get ripped movies to look better when sharing through itunes?

Have you tried HandBrake? I've never tried BluRay, but it does a decent job with my regular DVD's.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Mac or pc?

Mac I can answer with.....MakeMKV straight from the blue ray, then either MkvTools to convert to mp4 or Handbrake.

Works a dream. Great quality, very happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.