PDA

View Full Version : Number port to Verizon gone horribly wrong

kzoojason76
Feb 13, 2011, 12:25 PM
AT&T is a pain in the rear. Nothing but problems porting my number over to Verizon. Jamie's (my wife) number went through just fine (on the same family plan account), but somehow mine is all messed up. Now AT&T is saying that for some unknown reason, that both AT&T and TracFone Wireless own my number. How is that even possible?

I finally got a manager to give me a case # with a commitment that the issue will be resolved tomorrow. I don't hold much hope for this because I was told the same thing on Friday (that it would be resolved by 10am Saturday). This is exactly why I'm glad to get rid of AT&T (well that, and their lack of coverage).

xraydoc
Feb 13, 2011, 12:53 PM
Just do what I did and get a new number. Sure it's a bit of a pain for people who really need to get a hold of you, but I've found its cut down on the riff-raff.
:cool:

OlgaJ
Feb 13, 2011, 01:15 PM
When we went from Verizon to AT&T, my number ported just fine. My husband's got stuck in limbo. It would ring on the AT&T phone but you could make a call from either phone. Verizon refused to accept the official porting date and charged an extra month. They later told me it would be credited but never was. They lost a customer for life for $30 because I will never sign up with Verizon ever again in my lifetime.

Good luck!

Warbrain
Feb 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Get a new number, port that number to Google Voice. Done.