Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glamisman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
I am starting to play with Xcode and have purchased a few books and looked at lots of online sites with examples of code, most of the time the code I type in works sometimes they don't. I print out the code I type in and compare it to the code from either the book or from the web and I can not see where there are any differences. They compile with no errors but do not work as expected... having said that, I think that the errors are in the "connectors", where you drag the outlets or received actions to the object. Now to the question, is there a way to print out what objects have what outlets/actions associated with them so that I can do a side by side comparison to see where I made the mistake?

I hope this makes sense...

nickculbertson

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2010
Nashville, TN
The short answer is no.

The screen with the connectors is your interface and you are viewing it in Interface Builder (IB as in IBAction/IBOutlet). You can view the .xib's source code from your xcode project but I doubt your book includes that code written out since interface builder does all the work for you.

You could right click on your files owner and take a screen shot to view some of the connections.

Nick

glamisman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
I kind of figured that was going to be the answer.
Thanks for the reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.