Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ericmb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
On 2 occasions, I have somehow deleted all messages in my inbox from my iPad. Once that happens, they do not seem to go to trash or my deleted folder. I cannot locate them on my iMac either. I have tried settings to make sure it asks before deleting, but that does not work. Can anyone suggest 1:how to stop it and 2: how to locate the messages or undelete them? Thank you.

andrewappleinc

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2011
Aiken, South Carolina
I Have a Fix

On 2 occasions, I have somehow deleted all messages in my inbox from my iPad. Once that happens, they do not seem to go to trash or my deleted folder. I cannot locate them on my iMac either. I have tried settings to make sure it asks before deleting, but that does not work. Can anyone suggest 1:how to stop it and 2: how to locate the messages or undelete them? Thank you.

What's happening is that Apple actually disabled the "Delete" Feature in all new iOS Products through an update. You are actually "Archiving" the messages. If you go to the website of your email provider (Gmail.com, yahoo.com, aol.com, hotmail.com) whoever you use, and you log in on their website there will be archived folders in you mail client and you will be able to move those files back to the inbox online and mark them "unread" and then you iPad will recognize the change and they will appear on the iPad again.

--
Andrew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.