Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trickyred

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
On Sunday I picked up an iMac G4 700mhz locally from eBay that was going for £35. The clincher was it had an airport card in it. When I got there though, the guy fired it up and there was a weird pattern top left in the menu bar, and he said it has been in his garage for ages, so he knocked me another £10 off it, so I got a bargain really, as the airport cards are worth that alone.

It only had a 20gb hard drive in it and no optical drive, which I knew about, but it didn't even have the bracket they sit in, so the HD was just flopping about in there, on top of the cable which I presume was reasting on the logic board - not good, right??

It is pretty scratched up on the outside, and dirty, but it has character. I kind of expected a hologram of Princess Leia to pop out while I was rummaging through its innards .... there was even a spider in there!! (iWeb??)

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
AirPort cards are no longer a hot commodity anymore--check eBay :(

I picked up a 700mhz OS9-bootable model with AirPort for $45 a couple of weeks ago--slapped a new hard drive in it and maxed out the RAM, runs perfectly!

trickyred

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
AirPort cards are no longer a hot commodity anymore--check eBay :(

I picked up a 700mhz OS9-bootable model with AirPort for $45 a couple of weeks ago--slapped a new hard drive in it and maxed out the RAM, runs perfectly!

They are in the UK - check eBay. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.