Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maximillian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I'm trying to get the name of a game I used to play in the early 90s. I think it was for os 6 or 7.

Details I think are correct:
It was an arcade game like centipede with bad guys falling from the top
The first level was crabs
There were trilobites
I believe it took place on a beach
The splash screen/intro featured radioactive waste barrels

If any of this sound familiar, I'd love to hear what game you think it is. I'm pretty sure it was B&W and I've done tons of Google searches using the details above, I'm just not sure that anyone has a page on the 'net about this game.

Ultimately, I'm trying to track down screenshots or even a copy of the game that I can toss in an emulator.

Thanks!

bobnugget

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
England
I'm pretty sure the game you are thinking of is Firefall by Pangea Software. A fun old game! They sold the name Firefall, but you can buy the app Pangea Arcade for OS X, which includes a new OS X version called Fireworms (it was free in the app store for a bit, but i'm not sure it is now). The original Firefall is now freeware. Here's a screenshot of the original.

In fact it is still free at the moment, so grab it while you can.

Actually, just re-read your description - maybe it was a different game. This one is centipede like with radioactive waste barrels, but it doesn't take place on a beach...

Last edited:

Maximillian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I'm pretty sure the game you are thinking of is Firefall by Pangea Software.

Actually, just re-read your description - maybe it was a different game. This one is centipede like with radioactive waste barrels, but it doesn't take place on a beach...

Yea, that's not the game, but I'm going to download it anyway, so thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.