Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rattle&Hum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
What has been your experience? Is it still the go-to battery case for iPhone 4?

yidan82

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
I have both a mophie plus and an exogear. The exogear is slimmer that the mophie, but the mophie plus last much longer. I choose my case depending on what I'll be doing. The one thing I don't like about the exogear is that fact that there is no lip around the side of the case. Other than that the exogear is a great case. Hope this helps.....

mhn1234

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
I have both a mophie plus and an exogear. The exogear is slimmer that the mophie, but the mophie plus last much longer. I choose my case depending on what I'll be doing. The one thing I don't like about the exogear is that fact that there is no lip around the side of the case. Other than that the exogear is a great case. Hope this helps.....

im not sure what you mean here - i have an exogear and it came with a square plastic thing that fits around the case and gives it a cover - if thats waht you mean by a lip

yidan82

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
im not sure what you mean here - i have an exogear and it came with a square plastic thing that fits around the case and gives it a cover - if thats waht you mean by a lip

Sorry for not explaining better. The snap on plastic piece you are talking about sit flush with the phone screen. So if you set it down face down your phone screen is actually is making contact with what ever you are setting it down on. On the mophie the edges extend up past the phone so if you set it down face down there is space between the screen and the surface. I'll try to take pictures and post them today.

mhn1234

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
exogear

Sorry for not explaining better. The snap on plastic piece you are talking about sit flush with the phone screen. So if you set it down face down your phone screen is actually is making contact with what ever you are setting it down on. On the mophie the edges extend up past the phone so if you set it down face down there is space between the screen and the surface. I'll try to take pictures and post them today.

Now i understand - i also have a screen protector on my iphone so its less important - the person who posted about the plastic thing being hard to get off is entirely correct - its a pain

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.