PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Game Results....

MacAztec
Sep 8, 2002, 02:09 PM
Well, that fool won, very luckily.

First, I go on starcraft, and so does he, and he says he doesnt play original. I never have either, but since you all want to see us play I went to the expansion game.

Then, I created a game, and he says he doesnt play money maps, so we had to play his map. Very fair :o

On a map I have never in my life played before.

He even knows what buildings to build and where so icant get in his base. I say lets play a money map and i get an "lol"

I know I can beat him because I had about 12 zealots when he had 2 tanks, but the barracade was in the right spot on his map. O well, you can ask him for the replay because I don't save unfair matches

Durandal7
Sep 8, 2002, 03:02 PM
C'mon let's see a replay. We'll be the judge of wheter or not it was fair. Maybe you guys should do a rematch....

I say do a re-match on Blizzard-stock Hunters.
If the need arises I can provide a custom map that is completely fair for all future Macrumors matches.

job
Sep 8, 2002, 07:42 PM
Ok.

We need a proctor to set the standards for the matches, otherwise, the person who is hosting the game, will, naturally, plan it to favor him.

The maps should be stock standard, unless both players agree on a money map that they have both played before.

Or we have somebody make the official "Macrumors SC Grudgematch Map" for all future SC Grudgematches.

Whew.

xelterran
Sep 8, 2002, 08:51 PM
i didnt plan the match to be in favour of me.. i thought every1 had played standard blizzard Lost Temple at some time... i mean cmon look at all the melee games almsot all of the 1v1s are on temple. As for the match being broodwar, watch the replay and youll see i actually didnt even use any broodwar units.

Durandal7
Sep 8, 2002, 09:09 PM
Clan {MR} Starcraft Grudgematch Guidelines:

In the future all Grudgematchs shall be played on the map "Clan {MR} Charon"

Money maps will not be tolerated, this will be a game of strategy and expansion is a part of that. Charon has above average minerals but it is not a money map.

Games will be played in Brood War. If a player does not own Brood War then Standard Starcraft will be played.

No hacks will be tolerated.

The Charon map will not be distributed until a match time has been agreed upon. The map will then be distributed to be both players,

These rules are final.
-Supreme Chancellor of Clan {MR} SC

MacAztec
Sep 8, 2002, 09:18 PM
I wasnt playing for clan MR then. This is my name GL@I)I@TOR. The name all my friends know me by. I use MR when i feel like it, but i didnt then.

Durandal7
Sep 8, 2002, 09:25 PM
These rules are for any Macrumors grudge matches on SC. It is just an objective set of rules to set aside any debate about the outcome.

eyelikeart
Sep 9, 2002, 12:14 AM
I played my first game of Starcraft last weekend (LAN party style) at Macrosoft's place. It was pretty cool...but I sucked at it...as I've never played games like that before (or many games at all for that matter). There were 3 of us and we played for just over 3 hours...and the game didn't end till 2 of us got tired and quit. I'm looking forward to playing another networked game like that again...but I think I need to get over the time constraints a bit first... ;)

Durandal7
Sep 9, 2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I played my first game of Starcraft last weekend (LAN party style) at Macrosoft's place. It was pretty cool...but I sucked at it...as I've never played games like that before (or many games at all for that matter). There were 3 of us and we played for just over 3 hours...and the game didn't end till 2 of us got tired and quit. I'm looking forward to playing another networked game like that again...but I think I need to get over the time constraints a bit first... ;)

Don't worry eye, as you get better you'll be able to take them out faster and faster. Glad to see another SC player on the boards :)

xelterran
Sep 9, 2002, 06:24 AM
you can download the progaming maps here: http://www.sclegacy.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=101 - i still think we should use Lost Temple as our standard map, almost *everybody* on b.net plays LT... thats why i choose it in the first place! (its in your ladder maps folder).

eyelikeart
Sep 9, 2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Durandal7

Don't worry eye, as you get better you'll be able to take them out faster and faster. Glad to see another SC player on the boards :)

Yeah...it was a lot cooler actually playing it against other live players than watching someone else play it against the computer. My ex-girlfriend used to play Warcraft often, and I'd just sit there bored to tears...:rolleyes:

It was my first time...he he he. I wasn't completely sure of what I was doing as far as how to go along with the play, plus he had chosen a HUGE board for 3 players...which made it a bit difficult as well. I think we're gonna attempt it again sometime this week...I'll give an update if we do and I make any progress... ;)

Durandal7
Sep 9, 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

It was my first time...he he he. I wasn't completely sure of what I was doing as far as how to go along with the play, plus he had chosen a HUGE board for 3 players...which made it a bit difficult as well. I think we're gonna attempt it again sometime this week...I'll give an update if we do and I make any progress... ;)

If you want to sound like you know what you're doing recommend playing the map "Hunters" It is pretty big but it is my favorite map out of the bunch. Expansion is key, try to get a couple more bases ASAP. What race are you playing? I can give you some pointers for the next time you play them. ;)

job
Sep 10, 2002, 07:30 PM
So has the replay been attached as a .zip file anywhere?

xelterran
Sep 11, 2002, 05:53 AM
u can dl it from here for some reason i cant attach it to msg.

http://www15.brinkster.com/war3world/gsm.html

scem0
Sep 11, 2002, 08:35 AM
Not hunters. Hunters is not very balanced race wise, some people might argue otherwise, but that is off topic. I must suggest Lost Temple which I have found to be one of the best 1v1 maps ever made. I havnt played SC in a while but when I did I played purely Lost Temple, because that is where more good people and less hackers played. It can be a litle ufair in a zerg vs Terran game, but just because M & M always raped most things zerg (everything but Ultras and Lurkers).

Hope that helps :D.