Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

183336-obama.jpg

In light of Jobs' medical leave of absence, it is notable that ABC is reporting that Steve Jobs will be meeting with President Obama Thursday evening:
Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who recently took a medical leave of absence from his company, and Google chief executive Eric Schmidt will be among the attendees of President Obama's event with business leaders in San Francisco Thursday evening, a source familiar with the event tells ABC News.
Steve Jobs and Barack Obama have previously met to discuss issues related to technology and the economy. Obama is also said to be meeting with Google's Eric Schmidt, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, as well as others.

Article Link: Steve Jobs to Meet with Obama on Thursday

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
If he meets with Steve Jobs there's no need to meet with Eric Schmidt. It's like mixing a Macallan 57 Lalique Single Malt with Coke.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
I dont think those pictures are of him, I think its some random old guy.

pundit

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2007
Meh. Obama probably just wants a white Sprint iPhone.

Obama loves his Crackberry, but he's not allowed one (the secret service don't allow him to carry any device with a GPS due to security concerns.)

(Edit: he still has a blackberry but its a one-off GPS disabled and encrypted model)

icanhazapple

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
not conclusive

these events are typically planned well in advance.

I doubt ABC has been given any advanced knowledge if Steve will _actually_ meet with Obama tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if anyone will ask Obama if Steve was present for the meetings.

I'm anticipating Obama dodging the question, which would leave me to believe Steve was not present. If he answers that he did meet with Steve, that would be a good sign.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
But how can that possibly be, considering that most people on here think he's already got one foot in the grave? </sarcasm>

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Yay.
I wonder was pres. Obama plans to adress with everyone.
This is probably going to shed some light on the rumors that have been circulating today.

thirdwaver

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2003
Northwest USA
"Thank you for coming, Mr. President. Yes, I'm happy to lobby on behalf of your budget. Now about that slash in corporate tax I wanted..."

This is how it's done, folks. This is how the middle class gets screwed every time.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
I can't help but wonder if President Obama will "secretly" receive the first new MBP 2011 refresh... :eek: And this thought makes me LOL! :D :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.