Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbloksma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Hi,

I am trying to set up a three way sync with Windows and Outlook, an iPhone and an iPad. The calendar syncronization works, period. The trouble is with the contacts. I have been able to get the contacts from Outlook correctly in MobileMe but somehow these do not propagate to the iPad or iPhone.

At first we had the calendar/contact synchronization sort of working via iTunes on the PC but that was sort of one way it seems, not everything went the way we wanted it. So then we tried it via MobileMe.

We now have tried several things like deleting the MobileMe account on the iPad and when we did that all contacts disapeared so it seesm all contacts were indeed linked to that account. After adding the Mobileme account on the iPad the calendar works again but there are no contacts. :-(

Anyone recognise this and can give me some pointers where to look or wahat to test to narrow it down?

JoganJani

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
In your Settings->Mail, Contacts, calendar->MobileMe

Do you have Contacts On or OFF? Switch it ON.

bbloksma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Hi,

I am trying to set up a three way sync with Windows and Outlook, an iPhone and an iPad. The calendar syncronization works, period. The trouble is with the contacts. I have been able to get the contacts from Outlook correctly in MobileMe but somehow these do not propagate to the iPad or iPhone.
[....]

Anyone recognise this and can give me some pointers where to look or wahat to test to narrow it down?

In the end what I did was simply delete all sync options, delete mobileme accounts on the iPhone and iPad. Outlook and MobileMe had no problems so that was my new base. Then added the Apple devices one by one, if it did not work delete the Mobileme and try it again. When all worked well I had made NO changes to the configurations, all I did was delete it and add it again untill it DID work.

We did set the warning trigger in outlook at 5% as after a few days suddenly MobileMe wanted to make hundreds of changes to Outlook while just a few had been changed on the iPhone or iPad. We have adopted the poplcy to always decline those updates, then force mobile me to copy the Outlook info and after that look for any recent changed that are not in Outlook and make those changes again.

It's not pefect but so far we can live with it. :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.