PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro 7 captures Mini DV footage, then loses it?!

BJB Productions
Feb 17, 2011, 08:41 PM
Ok,
I'll try not to rage too much, but this is now my second time trying to capture this tape. First of all, I hate working with DV footage...the whole capture thing is a pain.

Anyway... So I've captured the tape, and it ends, and it says "You have reached the end of the tape. All footage has been captured successfully" I click ok, but then the capture does not show up in my bin. I even checked the capture scratch folder. It appears it does not exist...but it said it captured. What is going on? This is getting really annoying.

simsaladimbamba
Feb 17, 2011, 08:55 PM
What about setting a MARK OUT short before the TC on the tape ends, thus the capturing process stops a bit before, therefore circumventing that problem?

BJB Productions
Feb 17, 2011, 09:01 PM
What about setting a MARK OUT short before the TC on the tape ends, thus the capturing process stops a bit before, therefore circumventing that problem?

Yeah good point. It's definitely worth a shot. Just the thought of re-capturing a sixty minute tape for the third time doesn't sound very exciting at the moment... I'll probably try it tomorrow.

smokescreen76
Feb 18, 2011, 07:43 AM
I personally like to capture in 10-15 minute chunks.

It's easier on the system (rather than having massive chunks of video to deal with) and if anything goes wrong you only have lost a few minutes.