Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Ok,
I'll try not to rage too much, but this is now my second time trying to capture this tape. First of all, I hate working with DV footage...the whole capture thing is a pain.

Anyway... So I've captured the tape, and it ends, and it says "You have reached the end of the tape. All footage has been captured successfully" I click ok, but then the capture does not show up in my bin. I even checked the capture scratch folder. It appears it does not exist...but it said it captured. What is going on? This is getting really annoying.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
What about setting a MARK OUT short before the TC on the tape ends, thus the capturing process stops a bit before, therefore circumventing that problem?

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
What about setting a MARK OUT short before the TC on the tape ends, thus the capturing process stops a bit before, therefore circumventing that problem?

Yeah good point. It's definitely worth a shot. Just the thought of re-capturing a sixty minute tape for the third time doesn't sound very exciting at the moment... I'll probably try it tomorrow.

smokescreen76

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2010
I personally like to capture in 10-15 minute chunks.

It's easier on the system (rather than having massive chunks of video to deal with) and if anything goes wrong you only have lost a few minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.