PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Macook Air knockoff on ebay

boonlar
Feb 17, 2011, 10:07 PM
Has anyone seen these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macbook-Air-look-alike-windows-xp-/230586225762

Isn't it illegal to sell this? Should I report that seller?

Insilin1i
Feb 17, 2011, 10:10 PM
It clearly states it's a look a like, so I'm guessing it is allowed.

AlvinNguyen
Feb 17, 2011, 10:11 PM
Wow honestly I'd rather take an eePC over that pos any day ! lol

AppleScruff1
Feb 17, 2011, 10:12 PM
He's only calling it a look alike, not actually saying it's a MBA. If you check out the pics, it really isn't much of a copy at all, especially the back.

boonlar
Feb 17, 2011, 10:12 PM
It clearly states it's a look a like, so I'm guessing it is allowed.

but it actually says "Macbook air" on the screen bezel if you look closely.

BlackMax
Feb 17, 2011, 10:14 PM
Very odd. I can understand wanting to look like a MBA, but not actually printing MBA on your product. I would think that is a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Apple OC
Feb 17, 2011, 10:15 PM
It is a netbook ... the pic is a Mac

and with only 83% feedback ... looks very scammish

shakeman0
Feb 17, 2011, 10:16 PM
I guess Apple could start shutting down the listings like they did with the white iPhones.

Psilocybin
Feb 17, 2011, 10:26 PM
What a freaking joke that is

AppleScruff1
Feb 17, 2011, 10:35 PM
but it actually says "Macbook air" on the screen bezel if you look closely.

You're right, some of the pics are of an MBA. The pic of the back is not. That is false advertising, IMHO.

boonlar
Feb 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
You're right, some of the pics are of an MBA. The pic of the back is not. That is false advertising, IMHO.

No, those are all pics of the knockoff. If you look closely it has a button on the trackpad. No pics of the real macbook air are on there.

It looks like silver plastic instead of metal though

AppleScruff1
Feb 17, 2011, 10:45 PM
No, those are all pics of the knockoff. If you look closely it has a button on the trackpad. No pics of the real macbook air are on there.

It looks like silver plastic instead of metal though

Then it's outright fraud since it says MBA on it. Report it.

leftywamumonkey
Feb 17, 2011, 10:51 PM
Wow, Did you guys notice its closer to the width of a Macbook Pro and not a Macbook Air. lol.

Penooker
Feb 18, 2011, 12:04 AM
1) Those are all pictures of the device. The bezel is black, which to my knowledge, no real Macbook Air has.

2) It is most likely a trademark violation.

3) Seriously, a scam? They sell a cheap computer, that is labelled as an imitation and the prices are low, with the specs clearly listed.

Conclusion: It's a dumb knock-off by people who are trying to sell it to people who want a knock-off. Even then, Apple and customs can stop this from coming in.

old-wiz
Feb 18, 2011, 08:34 AM
the ebay listing has been removed. Probably the Apple SWAT team arrived in a black helicopter.