Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SanFranKyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
friend has a white conversion and the prox sensor seems to be working kinda crappily. Heard something about "the sharpie fix". Can anybody explain where/how to do this?

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Now I don't own an iphone 4, but from what i know you use a sharpie and draw a ring around the camera flash hole so it doesn't leak or something like that.

dayumitzmark

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
friend has a white conversion and the prox sensor seems to be working kinda crappily. Heard something about "the sharpie fix". Can anybody explain where/how to do this?

open apart the iphone, and where the black dots are, sharpie it in..i heard it works..

dayumitzmark

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
color in the proximity sensor holes?

yeah basically, ive heard of it, but never tried it since i still have the black iphone..where did your friend buy the white conversion? im interested in buying one, but all these mix reviews worry me..:cool:

Sk8mfm

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010

ive done it before .. you have to take the phone apart and color the proximity holes with a sharpie.. dont darken the hole too much

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
ive done it before .. you have to take the phone apart and color the proximity holes with a sharpie.. dont darken the hole too much

I'm running in to this problem. I have to do the same later today. I'll post results. Battery life is terrible right now.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I had just covered the area in sharpie... worked great for both ambient light sensor and proximity sensor. It doesn't go "in" the holes, but behind it. You can remove the sharpie with alcohol if you need to.

wanchu83

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2008
Can someone please take video of doing this or picture of colored holes from inside? it would help so many converted people.
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.