Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drjohncooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Is there a way to transfer files from a PC without iTunes being installed to an ipad via USB cable. I have an iPad wifi and work in an environment where the computer is locked down. Installing iTunes is not an option. Sometimes I receive email attachments I would like to add to my iPad immediately while I'm at work (normally I use drop box and sync at home). Anyone know of any way to do this? Thanks.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Can you share folders over the LAN? If yes, File Browser might work. Look for it in the app store -- I believe there was a free version you can try out.

DNAppleGold

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2009
I have the same issue - here's what I do. Have you tried the dropox app for the Ipad? I'm in a similar situation at work with a locked down computer, but I was still able to install drobox by having the program saved to mydocs as opposed to programs. Works awesome. (for dp's proxy setting, click "no proxy" -- counterintuitive but works). If you can't get dropbox on your work desktop, you can still upload to your dropox account on the web. Then the docs will be in your dp on your Ipad/home computer. Of course, you can always e-mail the docs to your home e-mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.