Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichMacca

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Afternoon All,

I have a 2007 white plastic Macbook. I had extended apple care warranty which is now finished but the bottom of the case is all broken and chipped.

I came across this article online http://macs.about.com/b/2009/04/08/apple-to-repair-cracked-white-macbooks.htm does anyone know if this is still possible? If not, does anyone know how much repair will cost? (I'm in the UK)

Secondly, I planned on giving it away assuming that it was practically worthless, however I've looked on ebay and prices seem to range from £100 to £400, which is a fair bit of money! Its got 4gb ram if that adds anything! Ball park figures would be appreciated!

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
As far as I am aware Apple still consider that cracks in the bottom case are purely cosmetic and they do not repair free of charge out of warranty. Replacing the bottom case is pretty labour-intensive.

Most of the comments on that AppleInsider article are in connection with the keyboard/topcase cracks which is not really relevant to you though...

It certainly is worth something - PM me and maybe we can discuss ??

RichMacca

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Logana,

I thought that was the case but when I saw that article got my hopes up a bit for a repair.

I've sent you a pm re interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.