PDA

View Full Version : Buy iPod or wait for 5Gen?




MacFan782040
Feb 11, 2005, 01:14 PM
I'm selling my 3G iPod... I can buy a new one now or wait. The buying guide says don't buy now-- updates soon. I'd guess probably early spring (April or so) for updates... what do you guys think and what extra features might they have? Thanks :D



feakbeak
Feb 11, 2005, 01:28 PM
I would expect that the 5G's would be out at least by sometime in the summer, hopefully sooner, but you never know. If you are going to wait, I'd be prepared to wait up to 6 months.

I bought a 4G soon after they came out, so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I'm hoping the 5G's come with color screens, they just look so much sharper and I wouldn't think the 2" color LCDs would cost too much in mass quanitities that Apple would need. Although, a change like this would probably merge the iPod and iPod photo product lines, so I'm somewhat skeptical that would happen.

I would think an FM tuner might be a possibility as well or line-in/mic recording. People are often requesting those features. Those are not too important to me as I would not use them often.

gwuMACaddict
Feb 11, 2005, 01:30 PM
they'd go to satelite before they went to fm... and they already said no satelite. so i'm going with no fm in the ipod.

if you really need a new one, go get it. otherwise when the 5th gen comes out you'll be sitting around asking if you should wait till the 6th.