Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
I'm selling my 3G iPod... I can buy a new one now or wait. The buying guide says don't buy now-- updates soon. I'd guess probably early spring (April or so) for updates... what do you guys think and what extra features might they have? Thanks :D

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I would expect that the 5G's would be out at least by sometime in the summer, hopefully sooner, but you never know. If you are going to wait, I'd be prepared to wait up to 6 months.

I bought a 4G soon after they came out, so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I'm hoping the 5G's come with color screens, they just look so much sharper and I wouldn't think the 2" color LCDs would cost too much in mass quanitities that Apple would need. Although, a change like this would probably merge the iPod and iPod photo product lines, so I'm somewhat skeptical that would happen.

I would think an FM tuner might be a possibility as well or line-in/mic recording. People are often requesting those features. Those are not too important to me as I would not use them often.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
they'd go to satelite before they went to fm... and they already said no satelite. so i'm going with no fm in the ipod.

if you really need a new one, go get it. otherwise when the 5th gen comes out you'll be sitting around asking if you should wait till the 6th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.