Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Fit tighter than before :eek:

I picked up a blue one today and it fits much tighter--like a post-boiling fit. I very much like the larger dock opening I can use my car charger much easier now! :)

It's still not perfect and never will be but it's nicer than before. The rubber isn't as "plasticky" as it was on the previous colored bumpers.

Anyone get a new one yet? :D

Fugue

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2011
Fit tighter than before :eek:

I picked up a blue one today and it fits much tighter--like a post-boiling fit. I very much like the larger dock opening I can use my car charger much easier now! :)

It's still not perfect and never will be but it's nicer than before. The rubber isn't as "plasticky" as it was on the previous colored bumpers.

Anyone get a new one yet? :D

I am interested in picking one up for my iPhone as well. Do you think it will still scratch the steel band around the phone?

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
I am interested in picking one up for my iPhone as well. Do you think it will still scratch the steel band around the phone?

Yeah, if you clean the dust out maybe once a week by at least running your finger on the inside, you'll be golden.

The only thing I dont like about these new ones is that the mute switch is less wide so it's harder to get to it. And the slight mismatch of the mute switch since it's for the Verizon & AT&T iPhones looks a bit weird.

I'll try to get some pics up soon!

Mac-Maine

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
Bumpers are cool but I have a hard time forking over 30 bucks for that lil ring of plastic

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
I really like the new revised Apple bumper. Fit is really nice, build quality is excellent, buttons are nice and responsive, it looks very stylish and the dock connector hole is bigger so I can use it with my car's proprietary cable.

I know a lot of people say they have a hard time paying $30.00 for a "piece of plastic", but if you take a look at this case, it really is well made. It contains three different materials - rubber, plastic and stainless steel. If you realize the manufacturing that has to go into that, the price, IMO, is justified.

There are many other cases out there that are just single material pieces of rubber/plastic that cost the same or more than the bumper.

It really just boils down to preference. I just really like it because the beauty of the iPhone can be seen with this case on.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

joec1101 said:
I really like the new revised Apple bumper. Fit is really nice, build quality is excellent, buttons are nice and responsive, it looks very stylish and the dock connector hole is bigger so I can use it with my car's proprietary cable.

I know a lot of people say they have a hard time paying $30.00 for a "piece of plastic", but if you take a look at this case, it really is well made. It contains three different materials - rubber, plastic and stainless steel. If you realize the manufacturing that has to go into that, the price, IMO, is justified.

There are many other cases out there that are just single material pieces of rubber/plastic that cost the same or more than the bumper.

It really just boils down to preference. I just really like it because the beauty of the iPhone can be seen with this case on.

You do realize that paying full price for a case is like those slucks that pay $1000 for an undercoat on their car, right? The total cost of one of the Apple Bumpers is under $1 and is made in a Chinese factory that pays slave labour wages. Take a look at some wholesale prices for cases.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You do realize that paying full price for a case is like those slucks that pay $1000 for an undercoat on their car, right? The total cost of one of the Apple Bumpers is under $1 and is made in a Chinese factory that pays slave labour wages. Take a look at some wholesale prices for cases.

Same as your $700 iPhone that costs $150 to make...

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
I know the dock opening is bigger on the new bumpers but what about the headphone opening, is it any bigger?

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
The new revised bumpers sound great! Quick question, has anyone from the UK recently bought a bumper and got the newer revised model or is it still the old ones?

ribbon

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2010
how do you guys know that there has been a revision on the apple bumpers? is there any "official" news from apple about this?

cheers.

bigred7078

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2010
USA

and YOU do realize everything you buy has markup right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA

*Everything* we have ever purchased has a markup. Your car, your house, your tv, etc, etc, etc. And why would you buy *any* Apple product if you believe their products are produced with slave labor? You sound like a hypocritical hater. IDK, maybe you're just trolling. Nevertheless, this thread is about the bumper, not anyone's personal opinion whether or not it is overpriced.

deweyjohnson

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010
good point

Same as your $700 iPhone that costs $150 to make...
good point. but you can only get i4 from apple, nowhere else. unless you switch to other smart phones. for bumpers, you can get much cheaper ones with almost the same quality as the apple bumpers. :D

martynov

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
good point. but you can only get i4 from apple, nowhere else. unless you switch to other smart phones. for bumpers, you can get much cheaper ones with almost the same quality as the apple bumpers. :D

Not exactly true, with the right suppliers and connections i'm more then sure you will be able to assemble your own iPhone 4. I mean i've seen all the possible parts there are out there being sold by companies, the only missing piece is the motherboard. Get your hands on that and you got your self an iPhone 4 Self Build Kit for under ~$250 lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.