PDA

View Full Version : will Lion have leopard expose (not SL expose)

trailofdan
Feb 21, 2011, 04:50 PM
please someone tell me that lion will have the same expose as leopard and not the god awful unusable expose of SL.

anti-microsoft
Feb 21, 2011, 04:57 PM
please someone tell me that lion will have the same expose as leopard and not the god awful unusable expose of SL.

It will have Mission Control http://www.apple.com/macosx/lion/

Blakeasd
Feb 21, 2011, 06:41 PM
Expose is still there, however it was changed dramatically...

trailofdan
Feb 22, 2011, 07:07 AM
Sigh.....I'll have to give lion a proper try before I buy (I learnt my mistake the hard way with SL)

richard.mac
Feb 22, 2011, 07:10 AM
why would it downgrade and go back to the expose in Leopard? it will definately have the SL expose. just integrated with mission control too.

akm3
Feb 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
I prefer Expose from 10.5 as well, but I adjusted and went on.

wilsonhaven
Feb 23, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm new to Mac OS X and SL is my first mac OS. I like the way that spaces separates desktops. I'm not certain that I'm going to like all of my apps working fullscreen. I'm thinking of moving to a 17 inch MBP from my 15 so that I can have a more workable workspace. I'll see.

cksubs
Feb 24, 2011, 01:21 PM
There's a very easy way to get 10.5 ("Good") Expose back in Snow Leopard. Directions here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=869611

Really hope someone hacks a way into Lion, otherwise I almost certainly will not be upgrading.

baryon
Feb 26, 2011, 03:34 PM
So far the way I see it is:
Leopard Exposť > SL Exposť > Mission Control

I loved Exposť in Leopard, there was nothing wrong with it. It was quick, responsive, snappy, non-intrusive. It only changed the sizes of windows when necessary, and used up 100% of the space.

In SL, the windows are smaller, they and do not preserve their locations and relative sizes. I like that you can enlarge them with Space, but that's not an excuse for making them smaller and appear in random order. Also, Exposť in SL is slower, choppier, laggier and buggier.

In Lion, Exposť has turned into some random mess of icons and thumbnails everywhere, ordered arbitrarily and windows STILL hide each other because they are grouped together by application. There is just so much wasted space it makes me sad.

Apple: Bring back Spaces and Exposť EXACTLY as there were in Leopard. Forget the stupid Mission Control, please!

BDecker19
Oct 5, 2011, 03:29 PM
Completely agree... hated the SL expose, with the only thing being worse the new mission control. Tried the SL hack here in Lion, and looks like messes up the system.

Back to SL (with the leopard expose) hack I go... seriously, i'm this close to ditching apple

LxHunter
Oct 5, 2011, 04:52 PM
Completely agree... hated the SL expose, with the only thing being worse the new mission control. Tried the SL hack here in Lion, and looks like messes up the system.

Back to SL (with the leopard expose) hack I go... seriously, i'm this close to ditching apple

For an Expose replacement take a look at: http://manytricks.com/witch/

I use my iMac for work and Lion is a step backward for productivity - I don't need to repeat all the reasons that have already been well covered.

Other Lion fixes I have used:
1. Calendar is awful - replaced by BusyCal
2. Mission Control/Expose is replaced by Witch
3. Address Book - still looking for a replacement like the 3 panel version in Snow Leopard. I have looked at many CRM apps like SOHO, Daylite and Contactizer but they are overkill for me.

I was planning an upgrade to iPhone 4S before I switched to Lion.
If I have to revert to Outlook to replace the Lion Address Book I may as well move back to Windows 8 in a year. (I also have no choice but to use Excel and Word)