Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prbeck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
about every week my ipad refuses to connect to the wifi. rebooting it several times has not helped this time. i know the network works because 2 other computers are using it without a problem. can anyone tell me why this ipad keeps refusing to use the wifi? the signal is excellent on a laptop i have right next to it. this is so frustrating.

svenn

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Same problem here. Sometimes it will reconnect in a few seconds, other times I have to go into wifi and do it manually. Never really looked into it, but if there is a solution, I would love to hear it.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I have had the same problem since I got the iPad 8 months ago or so. I have the latest software and it has acted the same way on every software upgrade I have done.

It is just an issue tha some ipads have. To make myself feel better I just tell myself it is really a feature reminding me that life exists outside of the iPad.

vaitiare

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2011
Wifi doesn't work at my office for iPad and iphone either

Same problem. My laptop is connected to my wireless router at my office, no problem. But I can't get my phone or iPad to connect. The router is a 2wire136 thru A.T. & T. The iPad will pick up the signal, show the IP address and subnet in Settings with the HTTP proxy Off. If I turn off the 3G, it will not connect thru Safari or my email. It does show the wifi symbol though.

I use my iPad for scheduling clients all day. I don't want to use up my 3G and would like to use the wireless here. Any suggestions?

Same problem with my 3G iPhone...won't connect wirelessly in my office.

Thank you!

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I'm not sure if this will help any of you, but, try it, it might...I had router issues and reset the router, then my iPad seemed to drop the wifi connection every time it went to sleep (or most of the time), I thought I tried everything, but try this (it worked for me):

open settings app, click on wifi, if you are not connected click to connect, (otherwise skip this step), now with the wifi connection active click on the blue arrow button on the right, it will show you the wifi settings, click on "Forget This Network", (are you sure?, yes), when it disconnects turn wifi off, turn wifi on again, click on your wifi to connect.

I did this and it no longer drops my wifi connection at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.