Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankND

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Hi Macrumors forum,

I am new in the advertisement part of iPhone apps, and are currently working on a new application.
Is it possible to insert ones own ads, say for example i have 5 customers, who want their ads to be shown inside the application. Would this conflict with any of the rules given from Apple, and will it be possible to track number of views, clicks etch. I believe it shall just be a picture which we manually update.

Best regards,
Frank

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
I don't see why not? You can't embed code that runs from outside the app, but embedding a web view or pulling data down from an external server is no problem. You'd need to watch the ads don't breach apple's TOS of course.

I've actually done this in my latest app, but the adverts are for my own other apps. All I did was embed a UIWebView with content from my webserver - just a html page with an image that links to wherever. To track clicks would be easy, just link to a redirect page on the same server, track hits on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.