Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

App Downloader

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
When I first bought my MBA, when I tried to open it with one finger, it would go about 70 degrees before the bottom came up, but now I can open it with one finger to just about the end of the degrees.
So just from curiosity, is my hinge getting a bit loose too fast?

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
yeah, mine too. i think it's not becoming loose, but becoming from too hard to become normal.

RealScience

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
When I first bought my MBA, when I tried to open it with one finger, it would go about 70 degrees before the bottom came up, but now I can open it with one finger to just about the end of the degrees.
So just from curiosity, is my hinge getting a bit loose too fast?

My MBA 13" (delivered on the 4th of this month, so I've had it for 11 days now) hinge is definitely loosening. It was perfect when it arrived, but yesterday I noticed that if the machine is open past 90 degrees and I lift the lap desk to put it next to me when I'm getting up, the lid opens farther just from that fairly gentle motion. This is something I do every day, and I would have noticed if it was happening before the last couple of days. Since I'm still within the 14 days, I'm going to take it to the store this weekend and see what they think--while it's not a huge deal as it is now, I don't want it to get any worse.

The machine is wonderful otherwise, I hope they can just tighten it a bit. I don't want the uncertainty of getting a whole new machine as a replacement even if they offer it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.