Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
well, definitely supports the no new hardware thing. otherwise, there would be a much tighter lid, as we all know

but let's hope we get some new things, rather than just the release of things we new were coming...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
hmm, the XServe won't be getting a bump yet - even though they're selling (but not delivering) 1.25 GHz G4s. Could this be because of them waiting for something to happen, new cpus coming soon?

And as for keeping a lid on new stuff - I think nothing new would be displayed until the key note is over. Was security that tight in NY and SF?

Even its just software, there will be banners and such touting the latest and greatest - so I'm sure somehting new will be presented, even though nothing new is yet been seen in the pics.

D

MacHack

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
Chicagoland
New device in Picture??

In the shot with the G4s there is a "device" between the keyboard and monitor... what is it?!?
Maybe a 3rd party Memory Card Reader, or is it a new apple product??
Does anyone recognize it?

Attachments

• what_is_it.jpg
    what_is_it.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 569

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Re: New device in Picture??

Originally posted by MacHack
In the shot with the G4s there is a "device" between the keyboard and monitor... what is it?!?
Maybe a 3rd party Memory Card Reader, or is it a new apple product??
Does anyone recognize it?

They're speakers. JBL, I think. I saw them hooked up to an iPod at an Apple store. Freaky looking. Loud too. :)

MacHack

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
Chicagoland
IR & Bluetooth for all OS X Macs?

Giving it some more thought, the "thing" in the picture could be IR & Bluetooth connections via a USB device. (I am just guessing, but it looks like an infrared connection on the top of the front. And I just added Bluetooth cause it seems right.)
or it could just be speakers.
anyone have some real info on this? guesses?

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by dukestreet
And as for keeping a lid on new stuff - I think nothing new would be displayed until the key note is over. Was security that tight in NY and SF?

Even its just software, there will be banners and such touting the latest and greatest - so I'm sure somehting new will be presented, even though nothing new is yet been seen in the pics.

well in ny there were black curtains over everything i was pretty sure...

but yeah, even with software it'd be on the posters/banners above the displays. but it's too hard to read each word on those things in the pictures. and itunes 3.0.1 or whatever it'd be probably wouldn't have its own huge banner....

though isync and ical would be around somewhere.

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
Okay... it's now 11.35 PM here (and in Paris), and I really have to go to sleep now; I have to get up at 4.45 AM to get my train to Brussels, where I'll take the high speed train to Paris, together with some folks of Apple. As soon as I can connect to the internet, I'll let you know what Steve had to say!

See you around tomorrow, hopefully!

k.

MacHack

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
Chicagoland
JBL Speakers

The answer was right before my eyes, look in the upper right of the picture. BIG boxes with BIG pictures of the speakers with a nice big JBL right there.
"Newbie is as newbie does." That's what my mama always said.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Could these be xServe RAID's? Or just some other networking equipment?

DSC02264.jpg

It would sure be nice to have all of those xServes that they had... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :eek: :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.