PDA

View Full Version : Lion errored on download, now won't install

opticalserenity
Feb 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
I was almost done when my internet connection dropped, and now it says "An error has occurred" next to the install button. When I click on install, nothing happens.

Anyone know where the temporary file is so I can delete it and restart the download? Or are there any suggestions?

WiLLGT09
Feb 24, 2011, 03:28 PM
My first guess would be to check /Library/Receipts...maybe?

opticalserenity
Feb 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
Just checked that...don't see anything that would be it... hrmph. :mad:

WiLLGT09
Feb 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
well, I dunno. I've been trying to find like an Application Support-type folder for the Mac App Store, but I can't seem to find anything. It's probably in a hidden folder.

Kahnyl
Feb 24, 2011, 03:43 PM
well, I dunno. I've been trying to find like an Application Support-type folder for the Mac App Store, but I can't seem to find anything. It's probably in a hidden folder.

~/Library/Application Support/AppStore.

WiLLGT09
Feb 24, 2011, 03:44 PM
~/Library/Application Support/AppStore.

*facepalm* haha

nevertheless, I don't see anything in there other than "manifest.plist"

Kahnyl
Feb 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
Neither can I but we don't have stuck downloads. Maybe it would be there if we did.

rorschach
Feb 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
Have you tried logging out of the App Store (Store > Sign Out), quitting, then reopening and logging back in?

opticalserenity
Feb 24, 2011, 03:47 PM
*facepalm* haha

nevertheless, I don't see anything in there other than "manifest.plist"

I don't see anything in there at all, not even the plist.

opticalserenity
Feb 24, 2011, 03:47 PM
Have you tried logging out of the App Store (Store > Sign Out), quitting, then reopening and logging back in?

Yes, and I've tried to use the Debug menu's reset and clear cache options.

LarryC
Feb 24, 2011, 04:04 PM
Have you tried using spotlight?

opticalserenity
Feb 24, 2011, 04:05 PM
Have you tried using spotlight?

Yeah but not really sure what the full file name will be...do you have it?

LarryC
Feb 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah but not really sure what the full file name will be...do you have it?

No, I do not. You could act like you are going to download it again and as soon as it begins you could stop it and then you would have a name and download location.

opticalserenity
Feb 24, 2011, 07:05 PM
Well, that's not how it works. It's on the Mac App Store, and it won't let me re-install it on the purchases screen.

LarryC
Feb 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
Well, that's not how it works. It's on the Mac App Store, and it won't let me re-install it on the purchases screen.

Oh, I didn't realize it was something from the app store. Sorry. If it is anything similar to iTunes they will respond to a nice e-mail.

GeekOFComedy
Feb 24, 2011, 09:44 PM
I have the same problem, wont even download from different computer :mad:

Wowbagger
Feb 26, 2011, 11:16 AM
I'm in the same boat. I just did the following, and it seems to have fixed it. This is not specific to Lion, but for any Mac App Store purchase. Keep in mind that you can't redeem the same redemption code more than once, even on the same machine, so make sure you keep a backup of the files/folders you change.

Quit App Store.
Open ~/Library/Application Support/AppStore/manifest.plist (you'll need Xcode or something else that edits plists.)
Edit the entry for the failed item (there may be more than one item, find the one with "failed" = YES.
Change the "failed" entry to NO.
Change the "paused" entry to YES.
Take note of the "item-id" entry. You'll need it in a moment.
Save the plist.
There's a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/AppStore/("item-id"). Rename it or delete it and empty your Trash.
Open App Store. In the Purchases page, you should now be able to resume the download.

Ludisto
May 9, 2012, 11:42 PM
There is no App Store folder.