Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Faeore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Any time I go to open a game, freaking "game center" asks if I want to sign in. No I don't want to ****ing sign in, I don't want to have anything to do with stupid game center.
So every time, I have to hit cancel, cancel, only then can I play my game
Seems I can't get the **** off of my ipod, but how can I get it to **** off without signing in or bashing in the brains of my ipod touch? Because I'm about ready to.

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
restore to firmware without game centre. or failing that, play games that do not ask you to do this.

I don't believe there to be any default settings to disable game centre or requests but if Jailbroken then there may be some options.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
it doesn't ask me to sign in every time i play a game. And why don't you just sign in and stay signed in and then it wont ask.

Exactly. You can create a new account with a new email address that's different than your regular iTunes account for Game Center, if you are afraid your boss / other people are going to find you on game center.

applemike

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
it doesn't ask me to sign in every time i play a game. And why don't you just sign in and stay signed in and then it wont ask.

Exactly. You can create a new account with a new email address that's different than your regular iTunes account for Game Center, if you are afraid your boss / other people are going to find you on game center.

Both very simple solutions that would ease your problem. I'm sure you can try one of these and report back to us

Wendell F

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010

The problem with this is that when you're signed in, the phone connects to Game Center when you start a game, eating your data allowance. It's not a ton, but still, with the unlimited data package dead you gotta keep an eye on these things.

I know this is an old-@$$ thread, but I'm hoping someone knows a way to have nothing to do with Game Center without jailbreaking. Right now it's a choice between dealing with the sign-in prompts, avoiding half the games I play or just dealing with using precious kb that could otherwise be used for watching monkeys doin it on YouTube. :p

srollans

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Don't like Game Center? You CAN disable it completely

You can COMPLETELY disable Game Center prompts and greetings, and still enjoy Game Center-enabled games.

1) If you have signed up for Game Center and now wish to opt out, launch Game Center. Click on your account name, and select "Sign Out" from the pop-up.

2) Launch "Settings" and select "Notifications." Under "In Notification Center" find and select Game Center.

3) Turn all the sliders to "OFF," and set "Alert Style" to "None."

That's it. You will have no more annoying alerts telling you you're not signed in to Game Center, and urging you to sign up. You will have no more annoying "Welcome back" greetings every time you play a Game Center game.

To really get Game Center out of the way, tap and hold the icon and then, once it starts wiggling, drag it one page beyond all the apps you actually use.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
If I recall correctly you may be able to turn it off in Restrictions in Settings. I know you can't hide the app like you can YouTube, but as far as I can remember there are two things you can turn off. I'd check there.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Jailbreak > OpenSSH > delete gamecenter.app

Worked for me. Or you could just sign in. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.