PDA

View Full Version : Applications that work in Lion so far

paddyhazard
Feb 25, 2011, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know of a list anywhere of the applications that work partially, fully or not at all in Lion? If not, should we make one?

Here is what I've found so far

Doesn't Work
1Password safari extension (chrome works fine)
Parallels 6
Click to flash (safari extension)
Dropbox - There is a hack to get it to work but it crashes finder on login anyway apparently
iStat Menus Apparently this does work, anyone else?
WebKit Nightly Builds
JITouch Preference Pane

I haven't tried any other apps yet, just been playing with it for a few minutes. What has anyone else found? I doubt this is breaking the non-disclosure agreement although anyone know any different? It's not actually talking about the os, just other apps.

ct2k7
Feb 25, 2011, 05:26 AM
Parallels Desktop 6 doesn't work.

intempo808
Feb 25, 2011, 05:32 AM
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Dreamweaver CS5...

paddyhazard
Feb 25, 2011, 05:38 AM
vlc seems to work too.

paddyhazard
Feb 25, 2011, 05:39 AM
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Dreamweaver CS5...
Any bugs? Wasn't expecting that at all. Maybe I could upgrade my working os from 10.6 to 10.7 sooner than I thought!

ct2k7
Feb 25, 2011, 05:45 AM
Click to Flash doesn't work on Safari 5.1

intempo808
Feb 25, 2011, 05:53 AM
Any bugs? Wasn't expecting that at all. Maybe I could upgrade my working os from 10.6 to 10.7 sooner than I thought!

Well so far I've only opened them. The only issue I found was that when I opened InDesign, the top toolbar was transparent and nothing was there, but I just changed the workspace mode to Advanced, then back to Essentials and it all turned up again.

I'll be using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for most of today, so if I find any other issues I'll post...

iPhone1
Feb 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
iStat Menus 3 DOES WORK.

poobear
Feb 25, 2011, 07:59 AM
Almost all apps work as expected. So please not fill this thread with ten thousands programs that work, but instead the hundred programs that don't.

Dropbox was mentioned earlier. The devs have said they're investing it already, and until they come with a solution there is a fix described at http://37prime.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/using-dropbox-with-mac-os-x-lion/. I'm using Dropbox myself now on 10.7.

iPhone1
Feb 25, 2011, 08:12 AM
WebKit nightly builds DO NOT WORK.

CristobalHuet
Feb 25, 2011, 08:19 AM
Doesn't work
Hazel - error message when you attempt to edit a rule
1Password - doesn't work AT ALL with Safari 5.1
Cloud - doesn't seem to be auto uploading screenshots.

Wonky
Reeder draft for Mac - scrolling is way too sensitive and choppy
Ecoute - desktop controller doesn't work as expected (only shows up in one space rather than all)
Twitter - constantly reappearing even when you hide the app or close the window

Works
Notational Velocity
Todolicious
Dropbox (after the bundle number hack)

lulla01
Feb 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
I am using alfred

antmarobel
Feb 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Can someone tell me if My Living Desktop works fine?...

GeekOFComedy
Feb 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
Episode encoder pro doesn't work,
Dropbox isn't working.

Clicktoflash works for me.

zorinlynx
Feb 25, 2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone here run Steam and play Source games like Team Fortress 2?

Does it all work okay?

mrblack927
Feb 25, 2011, 02:09 PM
iStat Menus 3 DOES WORK.

I can't get iStat menus to work. Whenever I click the slider to turn one of the sections on, it flips back to off in a few seconds. Did you do anything special?

iPhone1
Feb 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
I can't get iStat menus to work. Whenever I click the slider to turn one of the sections on, it flips back to off in a few seconds. Did you do anything special?

It was already installed when I was running Snow Leopard.

neal.young
Feb 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
ClickToFlash works fine for me as a Safari extension. Perhaps the previous poster has the older version which was written as an input manager.

Messy
Feb 25, 2011, 03:53 PM
Cinema 4D 11.5 Works fine.

celticpride678
Feb 25, 2011, 04:07 PM
smcFanControl does not work. Cyberduck does work.

antmarobel
Feb 25, 2011, 05:28 PM
Installed here and, My Living Desktop and Little Snitch 2.3.3 does not work

thinh3d
Feb 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
I tried Better Touch Tool, the app itself run ok, but gestures seem not working!

antmarobel
Feb 25, 2011, 07:52 PM
Can someone confirm if Little Snitch 2.3.3 is really not working...:rolleyes:

ajvizzgamer101
Feb 25, 2011, 07:54 PM
Basically all my applications don't work :(

How about Pixelmator?

CristobalHuet
Feb 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
I tried Better Touch Tool, the app itself run ok, but gestures seem not working!

I've decided to disable BTT for the time being, considering Lion adds a considerable new number of gestures, my old ones need replacing (I had four finger swipe left/right for close/quit)

WiLLGT09
Feb 25, 2011, 11:51 PM
So far, there are a lot of applications that work perfectly well with Lion, but there are some that just don't work quite right. Let's make a list here.

I'll go first:
gfxcardstatus. initially I thought it worked fine, but manually switching doesn't work, nor does power-based switching. Not really surprising.

What else have you all found to not work?

Dewroo
Feb 26, 2011, 12:13 AM
Big one; Logic Pro Studio does not work at all. crashes on startup. Mainstage doesn't work, but tries to startup.

WiLLGT09
Feb 26, 2011, 12:17 AM
i'll throw in another one, however, I suspect this is not Lion-exclusive: I have Lion on a separate smaller partition, and Photoshop CS5 won't run since it's installed on my SL partition. However, other apps, like Twitterrific 4, Twitter for Mac, Flight Control run fine from Snow Leopard.

simonshek
Feb 26, 2011, 12:40 AM
iPhoto '11 acts weird in full screen mode.

superstrikertwo
Feb 26, 2011, 01:24 AM
http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

WiLLGT09
Feb 26, 2011, 01:25 AM

awesome!

A Macbook Pro
Feb 26, 2011, 01:49 AM
I can't get iPhoto to work. I need to install the new update and the verification fails when getting it off Apple's site with Safari and Software Update won't install it either.

PBF
Feb 26, 2011, 02:38 AM
Skype 5 keeps crashing, esp. when trying to video-chat. Video doesn't seem to work properly.

intelliot
Feb 26, 2011, 02:59 AM
Dropbox refuses to run at all.

Hotspot Shield also doesn't work.

Google Chrome behaves strangely. It's only resizable from the bottom right corner, the scrollbar looks weird, and horizontal two-finger scrolling doesn't work.

Cougarcat
Feb 26, 2011, 03:40 AM
There was a workaround to get Dropbox working posted around here somewhere.

Steam doesn't work for me, probably because of Valve's awful hacked GUI.

kirky29
Feb 26, 2011, 04:41 AM
1Password (The Safari extension) - the actual app works fine though.

AdrianK
Feb 26, 2011, 05:21 AM
iStat Menus 3 DOES WORK.

How?!

I've got it installed, but whenever I switch one of the switches to toggle the display of a certain attribute, the switch returns to 'off' a second later. Nothing happens on the menu bar, either.

JackieTreehorn
Feb 26, 2011, 05:39 AM
Here the link to the dropbox-workaround: http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=33706

Basically, what you do is open Info.plist inside the application bundle, and change "Bundle Version" to 2.0 .

Evernote (https://www.evernote.com/) does not work in Lion, which is a big loss for my productivity.

thinh3d
Feb 26, 2011, 05:50 AM
I've decided to disable BTT for the time being, considering Lion adds a considerable new number of gestures, my old ones need replacing (I had four finger swipe left/right for close/quit)

Yes, I love the new gestures, and I think it's really useful. However, there are some certain things I use with BTT everyday, such as 3 finger swipes up/down to switch tabs, 3 finger tap to be middle click, and the list goes on. Hope the BTT dev fixes it when Lion comes out this summer :)

Hellhammer
Feb 26, 2011, 05:54 AM
Works: Adium, Reeder, VLC, Transmission

Does not work: Gruml

That is what I've tried so far.

Pndrgnsvc
Feb 26, 2011, 06:08 AM
How 'bout DiskWarrior, does it function as before?

It has saved my bacon many times, so for me, it's not just a *want*, but a *need*.

kirky29
Feb 26, 2011, 06:12 AM
Aperture 3 is also not working for me.
The app appears in the dock then quits.

Fraaaa
Feb 26, 2011, 06:46 AM
Hi guys, I wanted to understand how come there is this much incompatibility issues on Lion with SL software.

Is it because Lion runs on 64bit? is it because some API have been deprecated or others haven't been implemented?

I know it's a beta but I thought the core of OS X is the same of SL.

PS: I'm not using a beta and I don't intend to, I am just curious and I'd like to understand.

cheers

antmarobel
Feb 26, 2011, 07:58 AM
Has someone tried man messenger?

baschdi
Feb 26, 2011, 08:31 AM
does work:
Plex
Trillian
DaisyDisk
Skitch
ClickToFlash (Safari Extension)
AdBlock (Safari Extension)

does not work:
iPhoto 9.1.1

does behave badly:
lions fullscreen apps on multiple displays

antmarobel
Feb 26, 2011, 09:11 AM
Marine Aquarium 3 Screensaver and 3D Desktop Aquarium do not install.

dault2
Feb 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
office 2008 works but does not play nice with spaces

damson34
Feb 26, 2011, 09:55 AM
Both Photoshop CS5 and Aperture work perfect for me. The only app that I have that didn't work is Evernote, all other apps worked perfectly.

kirky29
Feb 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
Both Photoshop CS5 and Aperture work perfect for me. The only app that I have that didn't work is Evernote, all other apps worked perfectly.

Aperture & Photoshop both don't work for me! Haha!
Did you install them fresh after installing Lion?
I've only tried opening them from my Snow Leopard partition.
Thanks!

damson34
Feb 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
I upgraded over Snow Leopard so only one partition on my machine. That seems like the problem for you, it not being on the same partition as the OS. Not sure why it makes a difference.

Maclver
Feb 26, 2011, 10:12 AM
Safari When you got to edit Top Sites the "Small Medium Large" is hidden at the top
Reeder for Mac The Scroll bars are shrunk and at the bottom
System Prefs Error happens when trying to remove third party items from it
Onyx Not yet supported
Safari When quitting with multiple tabs it doesn't ask if your sure any more, it did on SL

Hydramus
Feb 26, 2011, 10:16 AM
I upgraded over Snow Leopard so only one partition on my machine. That seems like the problem for you, it not being on the same partition as the OS. Not sure why it makes a difference.

It's most likely due to the library files that are missing from an install. Since you upgraded your Snow Leopard, it would have kept the previous Library folder. Therefore, any app that has an installer would work fine unlike the partitioned apps.

kirky29
Feb 26, 2011, 10:22 AM

Yeah, installed Aperture onto the Lion Partition and it now works.
Would have tried it before but I knew I'd have to install over 300mb of updates ;-) ah well.. didn't take too long. :)
I'll install Photoshop too. Strange though, Dreamweaver worked without a hitch, just opening from the SL partition. Hmm :/

Blakeasd
Feb 26, 2011, 10:23 AM
Evernote

garysday
Feb 26, 2011, 10:32 AM
VMware doesn't work for me on 10.7 :(

Also, because there's no JAVA, Davmail also doesn't work ..

VMWare I can live without, Davmail is a big headache for me because my company runs old Exch Servers which are not natively supported via iCal or Office 2011...

WiLLGT09
Feb 26, 2011, 10:43 AM
oh and big surprise, there is no Flash installed by default either.

gumblecosby
Feb 26, 2011, 10:59 AM
Office 2011 works fine.

Cyberduck crashed the first time. Lion does not have java runtime installed by default A pop up appeared asking to download the JRE (like rosetta in 10.6) . It quickly downloaded and installed automatically. Then it was nice enough to automatically relaunch cyberduck for me.

Veetle plugin also works.

PBF
Feb 26, 2011, 11:07 AM
Safari bug: command+period doesn't stop page reloading

dronex
Feb 26, 2011, 11:52 AM
Bowtie: The bowlets will float to Dashboard and reappears. I set it to place on the desktop, so this might be different for others.
Itsy: Scrollbar and the tweets are overlapping.

antmarobel
Feb 26, 2011, 11:56 AM
Any information about Windows Messenger 8?...:rolleyes:

Hellhammer
Feb 26, 2011, 12:00 PM
Any information about Windows Messenger 8?...:rolleyes:

Works though I haven't tried audio or video.

carrako
Feb 26, 2011, 12:21 PM
Can someone confirm if Little Snitch 2.3.3 is really not working...:rolleyes:

I installed and restarted Little Snitch 2.3.3 and it will not work for me so far. Going to give it another shot though.

appleguy123
Feb 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
BetterTouchTool stops inertial scrolling in Lion.

ct2k7
Feb 26, 2011, 12:53 PM
Skype is being weird, in general; not telling me how many messages I've got unread in each chat in the main window, calling failing.

PBF
Feb 26, 2011, 01:01 PM
I can no longer quit iCal. Every time I try to do so, it re-launches. Even after computer restart, it still re-launches.

carrako
Feb 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
Pandora One Desktop App will not install. Continues to give error message.

WiLLGT09
Feb 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
Pandora One Desktop App will not install. Continues to give error message.

Is that true for all Adobe Air apps, or just Pandora One? Are you trying to run Pandora from a separate partition from Lion?

ct2k7
Feb 26, 2011, 01:22 PM
I can no longer quit iCal. Every time I try to do so, it re-launches. Even after computer restart, it still re-launches.

See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1102955

carrako
Feb 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
Is that true for all Adobe Air apps, or just Pandora One? Are you trying to run Pandora from a separate partition from Lion?

Not sure about all Air apps, only have tried Pandora One at the moment. Fresh install and run from the Lion partition itself.

PBF
Feb 26, 2011, 02:50 PM
See http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1102955
Unfortunately, even after computer restart, iCal still re-launches.

damson34
Feb 26, 2011, 02:52 PM
Not sure why iCal keeps relaunching. On one account it would reopen and on another i had no problem with it.

WiLLGT09
Feb 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
what about trashing the preference file(s) associated with iCal?

kirky29
Feb 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, even after computer restart, iCal still re-launches.

Are you restarting your Mac with Resume? Did you uncheck the box when you click restart?

PBF
Feb 26, 2011, 03:04 PM
Are you restarting your Mac with Resume? Did you uncheck the box when you click restart?
Yep, I made sure I un-ticked the box. Still no luck.

antmarobel
Feb 26, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mach Desktop working fine

newfoundglory
Feb 26, 2011, 03:49 PM
Something which you really really wouldn't imagine to be working, but which works great (and scans!).... Symantec Endpoint Protection! Probably because its using Mac OS X's BSD foundations.

Even liveupdate works (requires the Lion Java download for this)

antmarobel
Feb 27, 2011, 08:22 AM
And what about Windows via BootCamp...Has someone tried to install it?...

87racer
Feb 28, 2011, 11:24 PM
iStat Menus 3 DOES WORK.
Seems like you got really lucky. So far nobody else has got it working. Even deleted all com files and didn't work. using old SL ones didn't work either.
EDIT:Workarounds are available now. http://bs87.com

I can't get iPhoto to work. I need to install the new update and the verification fails when getting it off Apple's site with Safari and Software Update won't install it either.
Just delete it and all the preferences for it in \library\application support\ and ~\library\application support\ and reinstall. should work with a fresh install.

Skype 5 keeps crashing, esp. when trying to video-chat. Video doesn't seem to work properly.
tried every version of Skype for mac and found that the newest crashes constantly but 5.0.0.6378 works ok. also noticed crashes happen more often during screen sharing or when using video to another Skype for mac user but not as often when other end is windows. could be coincidence though.

Yes, I love the new gestures, and I think it's really useful. However, there are some certain things I use with BTT everyday, such as 3 finger swipes up/down to switch tabs, 3 finger tap to be middle click, and the list goes on. Hope the BTT dev fixes it when Lion comes out this summer :)
BTT is working fine if you delete all associated files and start from scratch. DO NOT import a configuration. importing or using old settings breaks it for some reason. Emailed with developer and he is already compiling a list of bugs and going to get started asap so submit bugs to help out!

BetterTouchTool stops inertial scrolling in Lion.
delete all saved pref and start fresh. had this exact problem and redoing everything fixed it. not sure why.

does not work:
iPhoto 9.1.1

does behave badly:
lions fullscreen apps on multiple displays
see previous comment about completely reinstalling. should work. and I see issues with the lion fullscreen apps and multiple displays also.

Launchpad also seems to leave some deleted apps in the list. anybody know how launchpad populates?
EDIT:Shortcuts found. http://bs87.com

I have not gotten parallels 6 to work and had to switch to vmware :( kexts install correctly. guessing they are 32bit?
EDIT:Fix also available. http://bs87.com

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about how to complete any of the workarounds I mentioned or if you want me to try and get a specific app working.

ErikGrim
Feb 28, 2011, 11:40 PM
And what about Windows via BootCamp...Has someone tried to install it?...

My Windows BootCamp partition continues to work as expected*

*As a Wintendo and fun-house mirror to contrast just how far ahead Mac OS X Lion is as an operating system.

cocky jeremy
Mar 1, 2011, 01:28 AM
Doesn't work
Hazel - error message when you attempt to edit a rule
1Password - doesn't work AT ALL with Safari 5.1
Cloud - doesn't seem to be auto uploading screenshots.

Wonky
Reeder draft for Mac - scrolling is way too sensitive and choppy
Ecoute - desktop controller doesn't work as expected (only shows up in one space rather than all)
Twitter - constantly reappearing even when you hide the app or close the window

Works
Notational Velocity
Todolicious
Dropbox (after the bundle number hack)

Check work arounds for 1Password. Usually you can edit a file to change it and add "5.1" and it will work. That's usually a quick work around they tell users to do until they push out a new version when Safari updates.

87racer
Mar 1, 2011, 02:35 AM
Found a solution to iStat Menus thanks in part to iPhone1 for stating that his was working over a SL install.

http://www.bs87.com

Cougarcat
Mar 1, 2011, 02:53 AM
Check work arounds for 1Password. Usually you can edit a file to change it and add "5.1" and it will work. That's usually a quick work around they tell users to do until they push out a new version when Safari updates.

The devs said they'll need to update it.

xgman
Mar 1, 2011, 09:27 AM
This Little Snitch not working is killing me from fully using Lion. Hope they get something out soon.

danb77
Mar 1, 2011, 10:02 AM
Works
Notational Velocity

Notational Velocity mostly work - but Simplenote syncing doesn't seem to work at all. Is it working for you?

trinacula90
Mar 1, 2011, 03:53 PM
Notational Velocity mostly work - but Simplenote syncing doesn't seem to work at all. Is it working for you?

Looks like that was already fixed a few days ago:
https://github.com/scrod/nv/issues/169

sux2beyou
Mar 1, 2011, 11:22 PM
Anyone able to get Apple Remote Desktop working?
I can't get past this error:

trinacula90
Mar 2, 2011, 12:24 AM

Did you run software update to get the latest version of ARD? Or do you at least have 3.4?

sux2beyou
Mar 2, 2011, 12:42 AM
Did you run software update to get the latest version of ARD? Or do you at least have 3.4?

Yes I have 3.4, and yes I ran software update.

The version in /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app is 3.5

87racer
Mar 2, 2011, 04:33 AM
Found a workaround for Parallels. Seems the kexts aren't loading automatically so you just do it manually.

Parallels KB (http://kb.parallels.com/10001)

I also just stuck the command in an applescript and made a launcher for Parallels. Makes it a lot easier since it must be done after every reboot. Download at http://www.bs87.com

-----------------------------------------
Mac OS X Lion Adventures.
Issues, Solutions, and Workarounds
http://www.bs87.com
-----------------------------------------

linkandzelda
Mar 2, 2011, 07:47 AM
Just tried out Lion and will use it as my main system. Below is apps i've tried and don't seem to have issues:

Transmission
Transmit
Coda
iLife
iWork
VMWare Fusion
BTT
CrossOver Pro
CrossOver Games
VLC

The apps I had a problem with so far are only Chax.

Macxor
Mar 3, 2011, 02:33 PM
1Password (The Safari extension) - the actual app works fine though.

Temporary workaround - Firefox version 3.6.13 and up.

antmarobel
Mar 6, 2011, 10:27 AM
Easy Find works fine too

jake4ever
Mar 7, 2011, 04:29 PM
Basically all my applications don't work :(

How about Pixelmator?

Pixelmator works, but crashes a lot.

saguakid
Mar 7, 2011, 10:41 PM
None of this apps works
LOGMEIN
VNC
TEAMVIEWER
iTELEPORT
No remote app that you can log in with your iphone work,will be nice to see updates.

87racer
Mar 8, 2011, 01:37 AM
None of this apps works
LOGMEIN
VNC
TEAMVIEWER
iTELEPORT
No remote app that you can log in with your iphone work,will be nice to see updates.

LogMeIn installed on Lion works fine for me. Although, I cannot access any of my LogMeIn computers from Lion since the Safari plug-in isn't working for me.

I can use LogMeIn Ignition from my Android and iPod Touch to access my Lion install.

Also, if you are on a local network you should be able to use a vnc client(i tried realvnc and it worked) to access your computers using screen sharing(sharing tab in system preferences). You may even be able to set up a dyndns and port forwarding to access elsewhere but that is not very secure.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1629 has a list of ports used by apple products. looks like screen sharing is 5900.

87racer
http://bs87.com

giobox
Mar 8, 2011, 06:14 AM
I use Chrome as my main browser, really only because its sync feature is so well implemented, particularly if you use multiple machines on different OSes etc.

However in Lion Chrome runs, but I cannot get chrome sync to work.Checking the preferences it says I am synced to the correct account and that the last sync was completed "just now" but none of my passwords/bookmarks/extensions etc have synced. I still have a browser that looks like a clean install.

Has anyone got this working in Lion?

(I am running the latest normal release, 9.0.597.107)

Edit
Managed to resolve the issue by deleting my Google sync data on the Google dashboard and then resyncing from another computer. Chrome in Lion then downloaded the info. Not sure what the cause was!

saguakid
Mar 8, 2011, 10:45 PM
LogMeIn installed on Lion works fine for me. Although, I cannot access any of my LogMeIn computers from Lion since the Safari plug-in isn't working for me.

I can use LogMeIn Ignition from my Android and iPod Touch to access my Lion install.

Also, if you are on a local network you should be able to use a vnc client(i tried realvnc and it worked) to access your computers using screen sharing(sharing tab in system preferences). You may even be able to set up a dyndns and port forwarding to access elsewhere but that is not very secure.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1629 has a list of ports used by apple products. looks like screen sharing is 5900.

87racer

Well logmein ignition doesn't work at all from iPhone ,I doubt works from android and VNC works but local network,I rather want to access my computer from mu iphone anywhere I am

87racer
Mar 8, 2011, 11:05 PM
Well logmein ignition doesn't work at all from iPhone ,I doubt works from android and VNC works but local network,I rather want to access my computer from mu iphone anywhere I am

check out the attached screenshots. have absolutely no issues here. maybe try uninstalling logmein on lion and deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling both?

saguakid
Mar 8, 2011, 11:49 PM
check out the attached screenshots. have absolutely no issues here. maybe try uninstalling logmein on lion and deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling both?

Doesn't work from my iPhone unless my screen is On,once my screen goes off I log in but can't do any gesture,is like frozen on my iphone

87racer
Mar 9, 2011, 12:00 AM
Doesn't work from my iPhone unless my screen is On,once my screen goes off I log in but can't do any gesture,is like frozen on my iphone

interesting. this happens because lion now requires a physical keyboard button press or mouse click to wake the screen.

hopefully there will be a fix from either logmein or apple for the final version.

if you set up a screen saver and leave your screen on it seems to work ok. definitely not a great solution but can get you up and running for now.

saguakid
Mar 9, 2011, 12:28 AM
if you set up a screen saver and leave your screen on it seems to work ok. definitely not a great solution but can get you up and running for now.[/QUOTE]
I think you have the answer,what you mean by set up a screensaver,you mean leave my comp on all the time?

87racer
Mar 9, 2011, 12:34 AM
if you set up a screen saver and leave your screen on it seems to work ok. definitely not a great solution but can get you up and running for now.
I think you have the answer,what you mean by set up a screensaver,you mean leave my comp on all the time?[/QUOTE]

Yea just set your screensaver to how long you want and then in energy saver just set display sleep to never.

i assume you already have computer sleep set to never but if you don't that would need to be set to never also.

saguakid
Mar 9, 2011, 12:55 AM
I think you have the answer,what you mean by set up a screensaver,you mean leave my comp on all the time?

Yea just set your screensaver to how long you want and then in energy saver just set display sleep to never.

i assume you already have computer sleep set to never but if you don't that would need to be set to never also.[/QUOTE]

Yeahh,that works and is the only way that can work for now,that really sucks and might be the problem or bug with mac not waking up when u touch the mouse,hope the fix this bug soon cause I hate to leave my mac on screen save mode,Thanks

87racer
Mar 9, 2011, 12:57 AM

i assume you already have computer sleep set to never but if you don't that would need to be set to never also.

Yeahh,that works and is the only way that can work for now,that really sucks and might be the problem or bug with mac not waking up when u touch the mouse,hope the fix this bug soon cause I hate to leave my mac on screen save mode,Thanks[/QUOTE]

yep glad to help!

87racer

UCG
Mar 13, 2011, 06:22 AM
Please, has someone tested this?

Fruit Menu

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/fruitmenu

Fruit Menu is a haxie that gives you the ability to customize the Apple Menu and contextual menus. Using a visual editor you can edit the contents of the menus to suit your needs and taste. FruitMenu will also display the contents of the FruitMenu Items folder inside of your Library folder, launch applications and shell scripts from the Apple Menu and contextual menus, to allow easy file navigation and launching. To make the haxie completely flexible and customizable, you can assign hotkeys to particular menu items.

saschke
Mar 13, 2011, 08:31 AM
StreamToMe/ServeToMe work great, in contrast to Air Video Server. Just FYI (at least for me)

celticpride678
Mar 13, 2011, 12:22 PM
ThemePark crashes on somethings, but works for the most part.

saschke
Mar 14, 2011, 10:02 AM
One more thing: for anyone having problems with the save file dialogue (crashed every time for me) in Adobe CS5 applications: deleting the setting files in User/Library/Adobe helped in my case.

Plymouthbreezer
Mar 16, 2011, 12:55 PM
Can anyone confirm the status of Roxio Toast Titanium ? The Table says unknown as of now.

87racer
Mar 16, 2011, 07:15 PM
Can anyone confirm the status of Roxio Toast Titanium ? The Table says unknown as of now.

Didn't try every feature but it's working for me.

Plymouthbreezer
Mar 16, 2011, 11:17 PM
Didn't try every feature but it's working for me.
Thank you! Good to know. :)

hxxrmonkey
Mar 18, 2011, 12:40 PM

I got mine to work by copying over the old ARDClient.app v3.4 file from my backup while booted in target disc mode. It breaks the client app, but then I installed the 3.4 update and now ARD is working! woot!

hxxrmonkey
Mar 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
Big one; Logic Pro Studio does not work at all. crashes on startup. Mainstage doesn't work, but tries to startup.

Logic Pro 9 started just fine for me.

bedifferent
Mar 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
Little Snitch worked somewhat. I had it installed on Snow Leopard, upgrading to Lion kept it "live" but wouldn't allow for configuring.

Toast Titanium 11 works aside from Disc Cover 3.

Otherwise I've had no issues with any applications so far.

sheeracali
Mar 25, 2011, 06:40 PM
I recently installed Lion, but Apps don't auto resume after I quit them or restart the computer. When I restart it only opens the app back up in dosnt save where I last was.

EDIT: other Apps like text edit work, but not Safari. is this normal?

EDIT 2: It seems like it only works in safari and preview and others when I quit by right clicking on the dock and selecting quit ( it dosnt work from the menu bar or cmd q)

macmikey2
Mar 26, 2011, 07:42 AM
smcFanControl does not work. Cyberduck does work.

SMC FanControl works just fine on my 2010 MBP i7. Have no issues with it.

Things works
Elgato video capture software/hardware works

iPhoto buggy and crashes occasionally
Aperture even more buggy

Mail crashes rarely but still does
iCal will not quit and stay that way. Filling logs with re-spawn messages

All Angry Birds games (including Rio) seem OK

GFXcardStatus works on mine

Had to remove Little Snitch AND Intego Virus due to errors in logs

I'll update if I come across anymore ups/downs

Fishrrman
Mar 26, 2011, 09:09 AM
Cubase LE4 -- works, but I haven't tested it extensively.

USB Overdrive -- works in demo mode (unregistered). The program launches and custom [mouse] settings can be created. HOWEVER, upon a reboot of the system, USB Overdrive does not launch automatically. It has to be "manually restarted" by clicking on its icon in System Preferences, after which it seems fully functional again.

rcwallis
Mar 30, 2011, 04:42 AM

I was able to get it working by going to my previous Time Machine Backup of Snow Leopard and restore the /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement Folder then reboot....

talmy
Mar 30, 2011, 10:58 AM
I recently installed Lion, but Apps don't auto resume after I quit them or restart the computer. When I restart it only opens the app back up in dosnt save where I last was.

EDIT: other Apps like text edit work, but not Safari. is this normal?

EDIT 2: It seems like it only works in safari and preview and others when I quit by right clicking on the dock and selecting quit ( it dosnt work from the menu bar or cmd q)

Features like the Resume, Autosave, and Versions have support from the Lion OS but must still be implemented in the applications. So all applications will need upgrades to use this feature. This is why I expect a new iWork released coincident with Lion.

ericediger
Apr 21, 2011, 05:35 PM
Good news: I was able to successfully remove all of the ARD 3.5 files (plist, bom, etc.) and re-install 3.4.

Bad news: Although it remembers preferences (lists, searches) it doesn't remember the serial number/registration...

Basic permissions repairing failed to correct that (I haven't dug too far down to suss the particular files(s) related) but it does work great, once open.

I realize this removes the 3.5 advance features, but being able to do regular work while testing the 10.7 environment has proven useful...

kobyh15
May 1, 2011, 09:41 PM
In reference to Parallels 6, will they release a Parallels 7 after Lion drops this summer or will they just make 6 work?

bushido
May 2, 2011, 05:49 AM
i wish Hotspot Shield would work, i need my Hulu Fix ^^

talmy
May 2, 2011, 09:28 AM
In reference to Parallels 6, will they release a Parallels 7 after Lion drops this summer or will they just make 6 work?

In the past they have released a new version so you have to pay up again. :(

freddy-b
May 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
ScreenFlow launches... but when you record the screen its black. :S

kobyh15
May 2, 2011, 01:54 PM
In the past they have released a new version so you have to pay up again. :(

Well I read something somewhere that said they were eyeing an early 2012 release date for Parallels 7. Who knows though. I hope they make 6 work because I'm going to need it for the fall!

talmy
May 2, 2011, 03:04 PM
Well I read something somewhere that said they were eyeing an early 2012 release date for Parallels 7.

Then they will fix 6, otherwise they will have no sales for half a year!

kobyh15
May 4, 2011, 10:12 PM
Well let's keep our fingers crossed then!

roosta
May 14, 2011, 05:35 PM
indesign cs5.5 keeps asking for java runtime to be installed. any workarounds?

chrono1081
Jun 6, 2011, 09:54 AM
I am compiling a list of apps here.. (sticky??)

Mods can we please sticky this???

Also has anyone tried ZBrush 4 or Maya 2011? (I could have SWORN someone told me Maya 2011 works but I can't find the thread : / )

xgman
Jun 9, 2011, 07:42 PM
Crossover doesn't work for me in DP4. anyone else?

kiere
Jul 6, 2011, 03:46 PM

Go to the Mac Dev Center and download the latest ARD version 3.5. It is at the bottom of the Snow Leopard page under the "Additional Downloads" section. Click the "View All Downloads" link.

vance09
Jul 7, 2011, 10:08 AM
little snitch does not
corel 11 does not work
parallels 6 does work fine

WiLLGT09
Jul 7, 2011, 10:11 AM
little snitch does not

Download the Nightly build. It works fine.

pvinis
Jul 7, 2011, 11:23 AM
why not make a thread with the apps that DON'T work on Lion?:eek:

I'm sure 99% of the apps work just fine..

vance09
Jul 7, 2011, 12:16 PM
little snitch needs an update

MacCrack™
Jul 7, 2011, 03:12 PM

You can download a nightly build that is working very well in Lion :-)

It is the 2nd download choice on this page:

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html

Register with your own Serial Number.

xgman
Jul 7, 2011, 03:52 PM

The nightlies work fine.

rtolboom
Jul 8, 2011, 02:15 AM
indesign cs5.5 keeps asking for java runtime to be installed. any workarounds?

Just let it download java and you'll be fine :)

RobT
Jul 8, 2011, 07:33 AM
MouseZoom not working for me with Lion GM.

Sky Blue
Jul 8, 2011, 08:07 AM
why not make a thread with the apps that DON'T work on Lion?:eek:

I'm sure 99% of the apps work just fine..

That would make too much sense.

markrox7
Jul 8, 2011, 08:47 AM
Does Dropbox work well?
(sorry if mentioned before)

CylonGlitch
Jul 8, 2011, 08:58 AM
After upgrading my home machine to Lion I found that Click2Flash and AdBlocker didn't work. Well, then I realized that the new Safari just didn't have them correctly installed. To get them to work I just went to the extensions and added them back in. The latest versions were downloaded and both now work perfectly.

So maybe by default all extensions for Safari are automatically removed?

Darien Red Sox
Jul 8, 2011, 09:33 AM
Any word on iLife '08? I will be moving to Aperture and then soon to FCPX for video, (I am very happy about how Apple reduced the price of both of them:), I used to think that it was a dream that I could ever afford pro software at home) but I think the learning curve is to high on these for the rest of the users in my household. I will of course be testing lion fully on a separate hard drive before migrating all the Macs in the house.

Thanks

Cinder6
Jul 8, 2011, 09:51 AM
Does Dropbox work well?
(sorry if mentioned before)

Works fine for me.

Sky Blue
Jul 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
PGP Doesn't work :(

Cougarcat
Jul 8, 2011, 10:56 AM
Crossover doesn't work for me in DP4. anyone else?

Yes, it needs to be updated. Codeweavers said a beta should be ready by release.

superfula
Jul 9, 2011, 07:26 PM
gfxCardStatus does not work properly. It'll launch but won't manually switch cards properly 100% of the time.

Growl is the only other that I still have problems with, but they are releasing an update via the App Store when Lion launches.

allan-vancouver
Jul 22, 2011, 06:53 PM
MouseZoom not working for me with Lion GM.

I spent a few hours zeroing in on MouseZoom as causing bizarre behaviour of the mouse or touchpad within a VMWare virtual machines running Win7 or WinXP. I even tried an updated version of MouseZoom and it also failed to work in a VMWare virtual machine. VMWare do not a Lion-specific version available, but except for the MouseZoom issue, VMWare Fusion seems to work OK once MouseZoom is removed.

Nusent
Oct 11, 2011, 02:24 PM
I simply do not see why you guys won't try partitioning your harddrive and install Snow Leopard in the second partition. It is not that hard at all.

Tasker
Oct 11, 2011, 03:42 PM
Boot into safe mode, launch Activity Monitor, quit iStatLocalDaemon, download and launch latest version of iStat3. Reboot into normal mode, job done