PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do Now? (Customer Seeding Program)

silvirain
Feb 25, 2011, 04:51 PM
I was invited into the Customer Seeding Program yesterday. I went through all the steps, and now when I login it says this:

You are active in this project. We are currently completing the invitation process and setting up the seed. You will receive detailed email instructions when this project is ready.

miles01110
Feb 25, 2011, 04:53 PM
What Do I Do Now?

Wait until you receive the e-mail. Honestly I'm not sure how that wasn't fairly obvious given the information you received.

You are active in this project. We are currently completing the invitation process and setting up the seed. You will receive detailed email instructions when this project is ready.

nomar383
Feb 25, 2011, 05:01 PM
What is this customer seeding program that you speak of?

silvirain
Feb 25, 2011, 05:18 PM

Apple invites you to participate in a software seeding project. Our program, Apple Software Customer Seeding, provides customers with access to pre-release software so that they may explore new features, perform early compatibility testing, and submit feedback to Apple engineers. We have selected you, based on a referral and/or prior participation in our program, to assist us in testing an upcoming release of Mac OS X Lion (which now includes Lion Server). Please follow the directions below to complete the invitation process.

Musubi
Feb 25, 2011, 05:23 PM

AppleSeed. What was formerly known as CQF (Customer Quality Feedback) over 10 years ago (when limited hardware seeding was also part of the program; now, it is just software). Completely voluntary, requires signing Apple's non disclosure agreement, and requires active participation.

As the OP mentioned, participation in the program is either via prior involvement or via a referral.

This Lion seed will likely be the same as past major OS X seeds where they send out actual media (to the OP, you'll normally receive an email stating that a FedEx package has been sent to you) to install from since that is part of the testing scenario which their QA engineers want to collect information from. I'm also thinking we'll probably also be able to test the Mac App Store route as well.

silvirain
Feb 25, 2011, 05:25 PM
I'm impatiently waiting. It's been over 24 hours since I received the initial email. I hate waiting.

Musubi
Feb 25, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm impatiently waiting. It's been over 24 hours since I received the initial email. I hate waiting.

With the customer seeding programs version of the seeding, patience is required since it is sometimes a bit slower for them to get the discs sent out and the disc images on line at the portal for downloading (when it comes to major operating seeds such as this). I believe most of the software engineers who are given the task of leading the seed are also doing it on top of their other projects.

PieMac
Feb 26, 2011, 05:43 PM
Did you have any problem with the sign-up process? I got an invite as well and keep getting an error screen when i try and link my Apple id to my Appleseed account. Please see this post:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1103510

lamar0607
Mar 30, 2011, 02:49 PM
I just wanted to ask for an update and say that I was also just invited to the Lion preview. Has the OP gotten a disk or email yet?

djrod
Mar 30, 2011, 02:57 PM

Invite me to this Customer Seeding Program and we can wait together :p

j2048b
Mar 30, 2011, 03:03 PM
count me in, i as well received an email from them asking me to join to do up some of their program, which i will accept happily!:cool::apple:

AND I AM IN BABAY! LION HERE I ROOOOOAAAAAARRRRR!

i will receive my stuff soon and be part of some seeding stuff for lion!

jayhawk11
Mar 30, 2011, 07:07 PM
Invite me to this Customer Seeding Program and we can wait together :p

I would love an invite/referral as well.

Tmelon
Mar 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
I would kiss your feet for an invite. I had an invite from someone else but it doesn't deem to be working anymore. :(

bozz2006
Mar 30, 2011, 08:44 PM

j2048b
Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
GOT MY SEED LINK JUST NOW! gonna link up and get me some LION, YUMM!

lazydesi
Mar 30, 2011, 08:51 PM
could someone please Invite me to this program?

Thanks.

Tmelon
Mar 30, 2011, 08:51 PM
I just got an invite tonight. No idea what it was or if it was even legit. I thought it may be some virus trying to trick me into letting them steal my identity or something. My email came from Appleseed Customer Software Seeding.

Edit - What did I do to get this invitation??

No idea. But if you don't want it I'll gladly take it off your hands and see. :D

nomar383
Mar 30, 2011, 08:52 PM
I'll take a magical invite!

bozz2006
Mar 31, 2011, 12:59 PM

extenet
Mar 31, 2011, 01:48 PM
I'll give someone a cyber high five for an invite!

j2048b
Mar 31, 2011, 02:26 PM
From the info that I've read on the site, even though I've filled out the info to complete the invitation still doesn't mean that they'll decide to select me for the study. That would suck, but oh well.

It's beyond me how they choose, but I got my invite, filled everything out, and the next day I got the links to download everything!

The one thing I did notice is when I did link my apple I'd to the seed links site it shows right away whether ur a part of it or not!

The was a little box that said u r active in this project and wr will be sending u a link when ur stuff gets done

Or something to that effect!

It also does not give me any Info on sending out invites so I am not aware of how to do this, or if I can?

Tmelon
Mar 31, 2011, 03:21 PM
It's beyond me how they choose, but I got my invite, filled everything out, and the next day I got the links to download everything!

The one thing I did notice is when I did link my apple I'd to the seed links site it shows right away whether ur a part of it or not!

The was a little box that said u r active in this project and wr will be sending u a link when ur stuff gets done

Or something to that effect!

It also does not give me any Info on sending out invites so I am not aware of how to do this, or if I can?

I looked it up and it said that you have to either have the "Agent" or "Admin" role in your company. So if you are the one who purchased the account than you do for sure.

Then you just have to go to the "People" tab under the "Member Center"

Then as soon as you're in there you send an invite to my email address. (PLEEEEASE) :D

j2048b
Mar 31, 2011, 07:02 PM
I looked it up and it said that you have to either have the "Agent" or "Admin" role in your company. So if you are the one who purchased the account than you do for sure.

Then you just have to go to the "People" tab under the "Member Center"

Then as soon as you're in there you send an invite to my email address. (PLEEEEASE) :D

man i am not sure where u looked because i did not purchase anything nor do i see any sort of "people" tab at all?

link maybe?

Tmelon
Mar 31, 2011, 08:37 PM
man i am not sure where u looked because i did not purchase anything nor do i see any sort of "people" tab at all?

link maybe?

How do I add members to my Mac, iOS, or Safari development team?

If you are enrolled in the Mac, iOS, or Safari Developer Program as a Company you can invite co-workers to join your team. Developers who have either the Agent or Admin role can invite co-workers to their development team from the Member Center under the People tab. Members of your development team can access all the technical resources and benefits that are included with the Developer Program(s) you are enrolled in.

You probably won't be able to send invites if someone else invited you though.

G-Force
Apr 1, 2011, 04:26 AM
Huh? As far as I know, AppleSeed participants can't invite other users... At least, not when I was testing Leopard.

bozz2006
Apr 1, 2011, 08:55 AM

Nuvi
Apr 1, 2011, 05:21 PM
I'm definitely no developer, and i didn't pay anything to be part of the program. So I won't be able to invite anyone. But apparently somebody invited me. I have no idea how or who.

I got the invite as well. In the email it said "We have selected you, based on a referral and/or prior participation in our program". Apple is the one doing the inviting and not the users. AppleSeed is purely for end user testing and nothing to do with ADC.

bozz2006
Apr 1, 2011, 06:39 PM