Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Lately when I visit the macrumors forums, the new/bold posts are not correct. Like just now I visited for the first time today, yet only posts from around 6:00 this evening and newer are bold. Do I have a setting wrong in my User CP? Or anyone know whats up with this?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
This continues to happen, its rather annoying, I can't miss a post on MacRumors:D. What is going on?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It sounds like you're clicking on "New Posts", which only shows the last 25 posts (unless you go to page 2, 3, 4, etc.).

Use Forum Spy instead.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
It sounds like you're clicking on "New Posts", which only shows the last 25 posts (unless you go to page 2, 3, 4, etc.).

Use Forum Spy instead.

No, I click on a specific forum like iPhone Hacks, normally all posts since I last logged in are bold, but lately only a few will be bold. Like today, I was on this morning around 9. But I get on tonight and only posts since 7 this evening are bold.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
No, I click on a specific forum like iPhone Hacks, normally all posts since I last logged in are bold, but lately only a few will be bold. Like today, I was on this morning around 9. But I get on tonight and only posts since 7 this evening are bold.
Did you verify by the times posted that more should have been bold? Is it possible that only 7 threads in that forum were updated since your last visit?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Did you verify by the times posted that more should have been bold? Is it possible that only 7 threads in that forum were updated since your last visit?

Yeah, its been doing it for some time. It's really not a big deal, its more that I just want to know why it is doing it.

I havent been paying attention to the "You last visited:" thing, I'll have to watch that and see what it is saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.