Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trongnhantv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Hi all, I have just successfully installed my windows 7 bootcamp to Parallel VM. Up to now, it's work so well that I don't want to return to Bootcamp partition. So, are there any ways for me to delete the bootcamp partition while keep its "clone" running on VM?. It means completely migrating(like cut&paste) win7 in bootcamp parition to Parallel VM.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Both Parallels and VMWare offer two ways of interacting with Boot Camp partitions. Launching them in place and importing them to a new VM. If you configured it to launch, import instead and then remove the partition.

B

trongnhantv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
So it means after successfully install windows bootcamp partition on Parallel, I can safely remove the original bootcamp partition .

chinseng

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
Would it be the same to install windows straight with parallel desktop, or install windows in bootcamp partition then launch it with parallel desktop? Is there any difference in terms of speed of running windows? Coz everytime i run parallel desktop windows 7, only about 30mb left on my 4gb ram 15inch 2ghz mbp@@

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.