PDA

View Full Version : How To Fix Dropbox in Mac OS X Lion

iPhone1
Feb 26, 2011, 09:23 AM
Dropbox doesn't work with Lion right away. Here's how to fix that:

Go to Applications>Dropbox> Right click and show package contents

>find the info.plist file > open it

Look for the bundle version field > change the value to 2.0 as shown in the attached screenshot

save and close, open dropbox application and restart your computer. should be working fine then...

PM me if you need help.

bharat65
Jul 27, 2011, 01:26 PM
What app did you open the plist in thats in the picture ?

pieranr
Jul 27, 2011, 01:27 PM
What app did you use to open the info.plist.file? I used text editor and it looks entirely different than your
Thanks

QuarterSwede
Jul 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
Property List Editor. It's an Xcode app I think (I've had it a long time).

St. Germain
Jul 27, 2011, 03:09 PM
There is a Dropbox beta that is compatible with Lion on the Dropbox forums...

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=41644&replies=138

squeakr
Jul 27, 2011, 03:24 PM
Could Apple have made this anymore confusing? Why did they choose the term Dropbox for their shared folder when Dropbox is a company that already exists (with an app of the same name)? I read these posts and can never figure out which Dropbox is being referred to (cause quite a few things aren't working right and having issues in Lion.

mrapplegate
Jul 27, 2011, 03:26 PM
Could Apple have made this anymore confusing? Why did they choose the term Dropbox for their shared folder when Dropbox is a company that already exists (with an app of the same name)? I read these posts and can never figure out which Dropbox is being referred to (cause quite a few things aren't working right and having issues in Lion.

A hint was the OP mentioned Applications.
The Apple Dropbox is ~/Public/Drop Box and is not an application.

doh123
Jul 28, 2011, 04:16 PM

they put Drop Box on Mac OS X 10.0 ... and ever since. Thats was long ago. Dropbox the company/service talked about in this thread wasn't founded until 2007, so Apple was actually using it first

iHateMacs
Jul 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
What is Dropbox supposed not to do in Lion?

I had dropbox on SL and after upgrading to Lion, Dropbox continues to work fine.

I have Lion and Dropbox on three different macs and they all (appear) to work perfectly.

TheGenerous
Jul 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
It works for me since day one, what is that isn't working?

Zcott
Jul 28, 2011, 04:58 PM
This thread was started in February. Dropbox works fine now.

swwack91
Jul 30, 2011, 08:02 PM
The Dropbox functionality is working fine for me on Lion, but the Dropbox menu isn't appearing (nor are the icon badges in Finder).

Thoughts?

jonnysods
Jul 30, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'd like to hear more about this as all my files are on dropbox, I can't afford to have any trouble when I change over!

swwack91
Jul 30, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'd like to hear more about this as all my files are on dropbox, I can't afford to have any trouble when I change over!

Everything will still function just fine. For me, the only reason I ever need the Dropbox menu is when I right-click a file for its public URL... which is something I do often, so I'd love a solution!

chrfr
Jul 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
Everything will still function just fine. For me, the only reason I ever need the Dropbox menu is when I right-click a file for its public URL... which is something I do often, so I'd love a solution!

Go to the Dropbox forums and download the most recent version from there.

iPhone1
Jul 30, 2011, 09:18 PM
This post was originally intended to help developers running the first Lion preview. I'm sure it works fine now.

basher
Jul 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
Badges and sharing menu is missing.

chrfr
Jul 31, 2011, 09:13 AM
Badges and sharing menu is missing.

As I said, you need the latest build from the Dropbox forums.

Weaselboy
Jul 31, 2011, 09:51 AM
As I said, you need the latest build from the Dropbox forums.

The latest 1.2.18 from the forums (http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=42146&replies=52) works in Lion, but the badges and sharing menus are broken with this build.

chrfr
Jul 31, 2011, 10:12 AM
The latest 1.2.18 from the forums (http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=42146&replies=52) works in Lion, but the badges and sharing menus are broken with this build.

Odd, I'm not having issues with 1.2.18, just updated this morning.

basher
Jul 31, 2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, 1.2.18 is working.

Odd how I have to use beta software to get features to work when Lion had been available as a DP for months before it's release. Shame on DropBox. I guess I need to post this on their forum.

saut
Sep 3, 2011, 07:45 AM
After upgrading to Lion, I found that the only way to keep a TextEdit document from quitting on me in mid-keystroke was to first drag it out of DropBox, edit it, then close it and drag it back in to sync.

I followed iphone1's instructions, first copied the file in case I mess it up, opened the file in TextEdit (won't look like iphone1's screen grab), searched for "bundleversion", changed the value to 2.0 and followed the rest of the instructions to the end. Now I don't have to drag my TextEdit document out of DropBox to edit it--I can just open it directly with Alfred and I'm on my way.

Thank you iphone1!

baryon
Sep 3, 2011, 07:50 AM
I never had any issues with Dropbox in Lion, and I'm not running a Beta or anything like that...

Macizzo
Sep 19, 2011, 01:35 AM
Those of you that may see code instead so take a look at what you need to look for...