PDA

View Full Version : Does Pixelmator work on Lion?

ajvizzgamer101
Feb 26, 2011, 12:07 PM
Just as the title, does Pixelmator work? Any Issues?

roderik
Feb 26, 2011, 03:06 PM
Works without any problems

kirky29
Feb 26, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yep :)

ajvizzgamer101
Feb 26, 2011, 04:21 PM
Awesome, that is good news... thus far it seems to be the only third party application that works right now for Lion. Thanks!

mingisback
Feb 26, 2011, 04:42 PM
App Store Apps Should all work:

All apps in the Mac App Store (should) work because they don't use any private APIs. I've yet to find an app that has issue.

JRoDDz
Jul 20, 2011, 08:29 PM
Pixelmator from the app store is crashing on startup every time. Any solutions?

bozzykid
Jul 20, 2011, 08:32 PM

Wait until they fix it. If you read their Lion blog post, there is a workaround in the comments. My guess is they will soon put up a fixed release though.

tkermit
Jul 20, 2011, 08:33 PM

That's just a screw-up on their part. Have a look at the comments here (http://www.pixelmator.com/weblog/2011/07/20/ready-for-os-x-lion/#comments). You can either go back to 1.6.5 or install the Sparkle framework.

peterski
Jul 20, 2011, 11:45 PM
after upgrading to the Lion compatible version I found that it no longer works under SL and you get a screen asking to contact the developer to see if it works on this version of OS X. So I upgraded to Lion (which I was gonna do tomorrow hoping that I could download it faster) and now I found out that it crashes on Lion. So I guess I am not the only one.

what is strange is that it is now gone from the app store all together, and you can't even search for it. I guess pixelmator requested to take down the app before more people download it and find it not working.

yes yes I know I could go to the website and search their support topics to find out that it's not working... but nothing on the main page... I wish at times companies would take a piece of the humble pie instead of leaving everyone in the dark and make us scramble to search what is going on.

Other companies put on their app pages that there is a problem, and they're working on... pixelmator just took off and left us guessing as to when they will fix the problem... should we start guessing like we did with the MBAs?