PDA

View Full Version : Oldest Active Posters


Macmaniac
Sep 9, 2002, 07:19 PM
I ran a quick search to see who were the oldest posters that are still active and heres the list.(Must have joined before 2001-06-01 and have last posted after 2002-09-01, please allow for error becasue some peopel are away.
jefhatfield _ _ 07-09-2000 2821
Zaren _ 07-21-2000 32
eyelikeart _ 01-02-2001 5080
Macmaniac _ _ 01-06-2001 889
Durandal7 _ _ 02-24-2001 1644
applemacdude _ _ 03-26-2001 4
arn 04-09-2001 1880
Macrumors 04-12-2001 816
gandalf55 _ 04-13-2001 177
GPTurismo _ _ 05-04-2001 156
buffsldr _ _ 05-08-2001 386
mymemory _ _ 05-09-2001 920
Zenith 05-18-2001 119
synp _ _ 05-22-2001 13
Geert _ 05-28-2001 511
Have a look at the old skool!

Durandal7
Sep 9, 2002, 07:39 PM
I didn't even think to use the site search engine.

It seems like there would be a lot more then that.

vniow
Sep 9, 2002, 07:41 PM
Wow, jef's the first. Not that I'm suprised. :p
Didn't arn say something about redoing the forums mid-2001 or something? I wonder if we can find out the first member before then?

Macmaniac
Sep 9, 2002, 08:18 PM
If you want to see Macrumors first member go to members and there is a sub catagory for newest members, just selet last and you see the oldest member. (Its Arn)

Over Achiever
Sep 10, 2002, 04:46 PM
Wow...thats a long member list.

Funny...over 4000 joined in the weeks surrounding MWNY...and only a few have reached 100 posts...me included ;) Not many more have reached macrumors member status (30+ posts)...I'd say over 3000 haven't even posted. its good traffic though!

The others 100+ posters that signed up in July are edvniow;), Shrek, scem0, dnte42, macmaster, shrek, skunk, macsurfer...and maybe one or two others. I think edvniow may be the first to reach 500...i'm not sure.

Anyway edvniow, did posting that useless thread about staying up for the pms at midnight help your post count? I'm not sure if you were a poster in that thread...

jelloshotsrule
Sep 10, 2002, 04:57 PM
reason so many registered but didn't post is because it was around then that arn made the forums registered members only. so people registered (after all, it's free) to see the news, but didn't care to post...... not too surprising

true though, was an assload signing up at that time.

vniow
Sep 10, 2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Over Achiever


Anyway edvniow, did posting that useless thread about staying up for the pms at midnight help your post count? I'm not sure if you were a poster in that thread...

Yeah, I was a poster in that. I didn't post that much though, only about ten. Didn't help me a whole lot, but at least I have my avatar now. :)

Durandal7
Sep 30, 2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac

Durandal7 _ _ 02-24-2001 1644

Those were the days...

job
Sep 30, 2002, 09:00 PM
more than 300 posts in 21 days? :eek:

Damn... Even I did not post that much over the summer.. :D

Durandal7
Oct 13, 2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by job
more than 300 posts in 21 days? :eek:


I seem to have a lot less time on my hands nowadays.

MrMacMan
Oct 14, 2003, 07:57 PM
Drat... could you move that oldest ahead a month and I would be on the list...

Oh well, yeah I am still here.

shadowfax
Oct 14, 2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by job
more than 300 posts in 21 days? :eek:

Damn... Even I did not post that much over the summer.. :D i think i've done more than that in a week...

King Cobra
Oct 14, 2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by job
more than 300 posts in 21 days? :eek:

There have been spammers that post over 250 posts in only three days. Luckily that won't happen again anytime soon.

In a few years that (must have posted before...) date is going to have to change. :D

Mr. Anderson
Oct 14, 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by job
more than 300 posts in 21 days? :eek:


j-lo posted 200 in one 24 hour period - that won't happen again.......;)

D

job
Oct 14, 2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
I seem to have a lot less time on my hands nowadays.

No kidding. And with no new rumors to talk about, there isn't much going on here either.

Doctor Q
Oct 14, 2003, 10:24 PM
I got tired of writing posts, so a few months ago I wrote an AppleScript that generates all my posts, including this one. Yes, that's right, a self-aware AppleScript!

Next I'll write a script to read the MacRumors news and forums, so I won't have to do that "manually" any more either.

MrMacMan
Oct 14, 2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I got tired of writing posts, so a few months ago I wrote an AppleScript that generates all my posts, including this one. Yes, that's right, a self-aware AppleScript!

Next I'll write a script to read the MacRumors news and forums, so I won't have to do that "manually" any more either.

Haha, does that come bundled with AI too?

Not the Fake AI, Real AI.

:p


what happens to a thread like

'asadsadasd' and the poster says 'asdasfadiahjas
asdsay~!!
CASDASDS!
'

What happens then?

;)

Doctor Q
Oct 14, 2003, 11:56 PM
Determining semantics for "asdasfadiahjas asdsay~!!"
Lookup failed.
Parameter not recognized.
Error routine has detected a non-terminating loop.
Stack overflow.
Trap 17.
Segmentation fault at offset 0xC35F1903.
Unrecoverable internal error.
No data could be salvaged.
All evidence of program erased.Hey MrMacman! You broke my script!

Rower_CPU
Oct 15, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Determining semantics for "asdasfadiahjas asdsay~!!"
Lookup failed.
Parameter not recognized.
Error routine has detected a non-terminating loop.
Stack overflow.
Trap 17.
Segmentation fault at offset 0xC35F1903.
Unrecoverable internal error.
No data could be salvaged.
All evidence of program erased.Hey MrMacman! You broke my script!

You should add an if statement to the effect of:

if ($text= "spam") {
reportpost();
}

Doctor Q
Oct 15, 2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
You should add an if statement to the effect of:if ($text= "spam") {
reportpost();
} I couldn't. It's self aware, remember? It would simply report itself and exit.

Rower_CPU
Oct 15, 2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I couldn't. It's self aware, remember? It would simply report itself and exit.

Not at all...self-awareness and spam are not incompatible.

eyelikeart
Oct 15, 2003, 08:45 AM
are we spamming this thread now? ;)

u know...I've never realy seen Zaren around here...

applemacdude
Oct 15, 2003, 12:53 PM
4 Posts Lol....

MrMacMan
Oct 15, 2003, 10:05 PM
Doctor Q -- Very very nice.

:p

job
Oct 15, 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
u know...I've never realy seen Zaren around here...

Well, it has been almost a year since Macmaniac's post. ;)

eyelikeart
Oct 16, 2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by job
Well, it has been almost a year since Macmaniac's post. ;)

damn...time flies...

job
Nov 13, 2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
damn...time flies...

it sure does.

think about it: in january 2004, you'll have been here for 3 years. it will be my 2 year mark. that's a long time, especially on an online forum like this one. i can remember when the tag lines from that one MWSF were big news. all the hype during the pre-flat panel iMacs, pre-G5/970 rumors. ahh...nostalgia.. :D

Durandal7
Nov 13, 2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by job
it sure does.

think about it: in january 2004, you'll have been here for 3 years. it will be my 2 year mark. that's a long time, especially on an online forum like this one. i can remember when the tag lines from that one MWSF were big news. all the hype during the pre-flat panel iMacs, pre-G5/970 rumors. ahh...nostalgia.. :D

Hehe, I remember back when people still thought an Apple PDA was a possibility and the outrage over the discontinuation of the Cube. :p

shadowfax
Nov 13, 2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
Hehe, I remember back when people still thought an Apple PDA was a possibility and the outrage over the discontinuation of the Cube. :p personally, i's still outraged over its discontinuation...

eyelikeart
Nov 13, 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
Hehe, I remember back when people still thought an Apple PDA was a possibility and the outrage over the discontinuation of the Cube. :p

ha...anyone old school would remember my rants & raves against the Apple PDA... ;)

and 3 years...

my god...

jefhatfield
Nov 19, 2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
ha...anyone old school would remember my rants & raves against the Apple PDA... ;)

and 3 years...

my god...

i remember...you must have bagged 100 posts on that topic alone:p ;)

i posted a lot about processors in the early days and fending off mac zealots who were more interested in promoting macs thru bashing PCs rather than promoting macs on the basis of the strengths of the macs

eyelikeart
Nov 19, 2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i remember...you must have bagged 100 posts on that topic alone:p ;)


I know. It was more fun to do it than anything else. I could care less about an Apple PDA to be completely honest. ;)

Mr. Anderson
Nov 19, 2003, 09:16 AM
Funny to go back and look at the LCD iMac threads and the huge discussion surrounding a 19" or 20" screen and how it won't ever happen.....;)

D

Macmaniac
Nov 19, 2003, 07:09 PM
Its very ironic that it has finally come to fruition, meaning the 20in iMac, it was such wild speculation, now its reality, just goes to show you anything is possible!

jefhatfield
Nov 19, 2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Its very ironic that it has finally come to fruition, meaning the 20in iMac, it was such wild speculation, now its reality, just goes to show you anything is possible!

nine months from now, no motorola processors in any macs

it will all be G5s across the board and the G5 powermac will be at 3 ghz...bold, yes...but i think apple finally wants to make up ground they lost when motorola got stuck at 500 mhz for 18 months...yuck!!

MrMacMan
Nov 20, 2003, 08:25 PM
And why is an iPDA a bad idea?

:rolleyes: :p

Arg, I thought a 19-20 inch screen is still overkill.

All of that money for a great screen... and then you can't use it for another mac or PC!

I mean Most of that $$ goes to the LCD screen and then you can't use it again, what a rip.

grafikat
Dec 17, 2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
I ran a quick search to see who were the oldest posters that are still active and heres the list.(Must have joined before 2001-06-01 and have last posted after 2002-09-01, please allow for error becasue some peopel are away.


Too bad if you were a member of eworld you're not counted *now that's dated!* Same user name, too!

voicegy
Jan 2, 2004, 02:11 AM
eWorld!! Now that evokes some memories...I still have the handbook somewhere. Wow.

I remember how much fun it was anticipating MacWorld a couple of years ago when I joined. The teaser front pages on the Apple site. The upstart Spymac with the now infamous iWalk videos. And the best part of all...

Time Canada blowing Steve's surprise the night before the keynote. I would have given anything to hear his response when he found out.:D

michaelrjohnson
Jan 25, 2004, 11:02 AM
wait a second! i'm not on that list!

jefhatfield
Jan 25, 2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by michaelrjohnson
wait a second! i'm not on that list!

wow, then there are four of us 2000 era posters

kainjow - june 2000 (not very active, but still there)
true777 - dec 2000 (she is much more active these days here)
you and me

...so that makes four that i know of :D

there are many posters from 2000 that made a post or two and then never came back

michaelrjohnson
Jan 25, 2004, 12:55 PM
yeah, actually, i made a few, but i had my account de-activated.

i contacted arn last summer to have it reactivated

and now i'm a relatively regular poster.

congrats!


(cant' wait to get to 500... {sigh})

jefhatfield
Jan 25, 2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by michaelrjohnson
yeah, actually, i made a few, but i had my account de-activated.

i contacted arn last summer to have it reactivated

and now i'm a relatively regular poster.

congrats!


(cant' wait to get to 500... {sigh})

get into discussions with teens living at home...then you will get your post count way up...i remember a few high school kids at home discussing teen based stuff and the thread jumped to 500 posts in just a few hours

back when this board started, it was almost all teenagers who were the prolific posters (some were college students who were up to 21 and not in upper classman standing yet, so they still had time to procrastinate greatly), but still, in my mind, they seemed like teens...he he

today, there is a more balanced type of poster here...not all teens, not all techies, and not even all mac users...but the teens still really rule this board as you will see...talk to super posters, ibookin, ubergeek, scem0, or a few others and you will reach 500 before you know it

:p

michaelrjohnson
Jan 25, 2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
get into discussions with teens living at home...then you will get your post count way up...i remember a few high school kids at home discussing teen based stuff and the thread jumped to 500 posts in just a few hours

back when this board started, it was almost all teenagers who were the prolific posters (some were college students who were up to 21 and not in upper classman standing yet, so they still had time to procrastinate greatly), but still, in my mind, they seemed like teens...he he

today, there is a more balanced type of poster here...not all teens, not all techies, and not even all mac users...but the teens still really rule this board as you will see...talk to super posters, ibookin, ubergeek, scem0, or a few others and you will reach 500 before you know it

:p


great advice! thanks.

when did the board ACTUALLY start? i recall reading quite a bit, and remember thinking that it was well-established. but when did it actually start?

(just curious... how old are you?)

jefhatfield
Jan 25, 2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by michaelrjohnson
great advice! thanks.

when did the board ACTUALLY start? i recall reading quite a bit, and remember thinking that it was well-established. but when did it actually start?

(just curious... how old are you?)

i am 40 and in the early days of macrumors, being so old, i felt like the lone one eyed psycho being so out of touch with generation y2k's tastes in music and society

at least now there is mr. anderson at 39, true777 at 35, and wdlove (in his 50s) who post often and are well known by the macrumors community so i don't feel so old and out of touch with "everybody" here...actually true777 does not post as much as the prolific posters, but she is very pretty and someone like that stands out in this mostly male club...he he

on the political forums, desertrat is in his 70s and has a great overview of history since he actually lived in the times that most of us have merely read about:p

jefhatfield
Jan 25, 2004, 02:05 PM
that being said, i still have not been bombarded with AARP and retirement email spam

but since my late 30s, i have been bombarded with viagra, weight loss, prostrate cancer, and prespription drug ads and when i registered my computers, peripherals, software, etc, it was common in the mid 90s to late 90s to ask these type of lifestyle based questions on age...i do have friends who desperately need these services but are afraid to ask or opernly talk about it...on a guys night out with beer and pizza, it's not common for us to talk about impotence problems or reduced sperm count and not being able to have anymore kids...usually

but if enough beer flows, then the conversation among middle aged men gets interesting and people open up and then the issues with high insurance rates, reduced sperm count and infertility, reduced or even non active boner activity, weight loss, arthritis, hair loss (omg, i forgot that one...hehe), hair growth in wrong places like in the ears, and all the issues of the late 30s and beyond

since congress has stepped in, hardware and software vendors are less likely to ask you this personal stuff and much less likely to sell your personal information to spammers and the fortune 500 consumer hunters looking for a new batch of consumers on the internet

well this is all getting to be a depressing topic and be glad that you are in your 20s and hope that none of these aging topics hits you anytime soon...but they will all come to haunt you in good time:p

michaelrjohnson
Jan 25, 2004, 04:53 PM
very funny... seriously, that was great!

anyhow, i wish i had the time to be here more often, as it is (being a student and all) i just dont' have the time to visit and crawl through the forums and post as often as i would like.

i really enjoy it here, and <insert pun about my age here> because of my age, i spend most of my time here LEARNING, not helping. the few times i get an opportunity to help, one of the other old skool members have beat me to it! ;) those that post often (such as yourself) are a great resource to us youngens. so thank you!

MrMacMan
Jan 25, 2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
...but the teens still really rule this board as you will see...talk to super posters, ibookin, ubergeek, scem0, or a few others and you will reach 500 before you know it

:p
Ha!

You joke, you joke!
How many of them are in the top 10 posters?

:p

BTW, you old guys are taking over.

;)

Mr. Anderson
Jan 25, 2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
BTW, you old guys are taking over.

;)

And don't ever forget that! :D

Big year for me, 2004.....:eek:

D

job
Jan 25, 2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
BTW, you old guys are taking over.

;)

bored old men with too much time on their hands...

but the world left them behind long ago...

;) :D :D

jefhatfield
Jan 25, 2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Ha!

You joke, you joke!
How many of them are in the top 10 posters?

:p

BTW, you old guys are taking over.

;)

sorry, i forgot you...my fault...you are about to pass me up in the rankings very soon, too

mrmacman, scem0, ibookin, ubergeek, tazo, and we can't forget our original prolific teen/near teen poster by the name of ensign paris who used to be called newtonman in the old days of macrumors.com

michaelrjohnson
Jan 25, 2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
ensign paris who used to be called newtonman in the old days of macrumors.com

well, i think that was before MY time!

shadowfax
Jan 26, 2004, 10:43 AM
I love how i was the main participant in those threads you're talking about and you didn't even mention me, jef :p

latent respect or did you just forget me?

übergeek, me, and iBookin' seem to have stopped posting much anymore, though übergeek is the top poster on our IRC channel by about 20000 lines.

jefhatfield
Jan 26, 2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
I love how i was the main participant in those threads you're talking about and you didn't even mention me, jef :p

latent respect or did you just forget me?

übergeek, me, and iBookin' seem to have stopped posting much anymore, though übergeek is the top poster on our IRC channel by about 20000 lines.

i don't forget you...you are one of the great contributors to macrumors

...plus, there are many who still think you are the supermodel on your avatar:D

shadowfax
Jan 26, 2004, 01:45 PM
hah, yeah. thanks man. wdlove figured it out, though, and that's good enough for me. it's been awhile since someone mistook me for an asian supermodel, though. there were at least 2 guys that PMed me, let alone the several confusions in threads. i wish i had kept a list of their names...

MrMacMan
Jan 31, 2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
And don't ever forget that! :D

Big year for me, 2004.....:eek:

D

I'll be on the lookout for you old guys.

:MrMacMan Is NOW On Alert!:
:hangs up poster:
Be on the Lookout for old MacRumors Posters!
;)

[i]Originally posted by job
bored old men with too much time on their hands...

but the world left them behind long ago...

;) :D :D
Indeed, now Shouldn't you be at work! :p

How do you have that much free time! :o

Originally posted by jefhatfield
sorry, i forgot you...my fault...you are about to pass me up in the rankings very soon, too

mrmacman, scem0, ibookin, ubergeek, tazo, and we can't forget our original prolific teen/near teen poster by the name of ensign paris who used to be called newtonman in the old days of macrumors.com
Ah thanks... +shadowfax and you have a complete list.

Don't be worried jef... I need like 700-800 more posts right now... plus any posts you will make in the future.

You are quite safe... watch out for wdlove, posting MACHINE.

:eek:

michaelrjohnson
Feb 5, 2004, 11:09 PM
seriously though... how do any of the top posters (that are in the age range 20-30) find the time to post so darn much? i am a college student and i can only do so much, people! what is your secret?

applemacdude
Feb 27, 2004, 09:29 PM
I think their secret is waste time and do homework the night before its due...

michaelrjohnson
Feb 29, 2004, 07:20 PM
i suppose that i do the same thing. but i guess that i spend most of my time reading the threads, then, by the time i'm done reading the whole dang thing, i have nothing to say that hasn't been said! (ah well) i'm chugging along at a meager 200some posts, but i'll be at 500 this calendar year... i promise!

Macmaniac
Mar 2, 2004, 08:38 PM
Maybe someone has a custom forum reader that posts for them, I honestly don;t know how they post so much, I can only keep pace with so many threads at a time, I have work and school so I don;t have enough time to post. Heh 3 years and 1700 posts, some of these kids have 8000 in a year:(

Doctor Q
Mar 2, 2004, 11:43 PM
Maybe someone has a custom forum reader that posts for them, I honestly don;t know how they post so much, I can only keep pace with so many threads at a time, I have work and school so I don;t have enough time to post. Heh 3 years and 1700 posts, some of these kids have 8000 in a year:(exec [echo=true] autoforumspam version 7.2 start run. url=forums.macrumors.com forumid=11039; init `grep ${PATTERNTAG} \input\` => (rc=1, paragraph=1, wordcount=37, keyword="school", poster=Macmaniac); match=1, autogen [ SELECT POSTTEXT FROM INANECOMMENTDATABASE WHERE WORD='%SCHOOL%' AND ALREADYPOSTED=FALSE ; ] rows=8 | rand=random(0,8)=.59823411 | prod=rows*rand=4.78587288, int(prod)=4 \\ fetchtext(4,name=Macmaniac) \\ ALREADYPOSTED := TRUE \\ format \\ post \\ return(0). end run


Hey, Macmaniac, that reminds me. Once, at school, I had to stay late and clean the erasers!


Note to self: Don't forget to set echo=false before going live, so nobody finds out what I've been doing. Especially Rower. He's sure to figure it out eventually!

Rower_CPU
Mar 3, 2004, 12:33 AM
exec [echo=true] autoforumspam version 7.2 start run. url=forums.macrumors.com forumid=11039; init `grep ${PATTERNTAG} \input\` => (rc=1, paragraph=1, wordcount=37, keyword="school", poster=Macmaniac); match=1, autogen [ SELECT POSTTEXT FROM INANECOMMENTDATABASE WHERE WORD='%SCHOOL%' AND ALREADYPOSTED=FALSE ; ] rows=8 | rand=random(0,8)=.59823411 | prod=rows*rand=4.78587288, int(prod)=4 \\ fetchtext(4,name=Macmaniac) \\ ALREADYPOSTED := TRUE \\ format \\ post \\ return(0). end run


Hey, Macmaniac, that reminds me. Once, at school, I had to stay late and clean the erasers!


Note to self: Don't forget to set echo=false before going live, so nobody finds out what I've been doing. Especially Rower. He's sure to figure it out eventually!

*applause*

Well done, Doctor Q...you've leaked a portion of the MR Moderator OS source code to the masses. Now we'll see all kinds of "viruses" popping up exploiting it...:eek: :p

Doctor Q
Mar 3, 2004, 01:11 AM
*applause*

Well done, Doctor Q...you've leaked a portion of the MR Moderator OS source code to the masses. Now we'll see all kinds of "viruses" popping up exploiting it...:eek: :pOops! My bad! http://www.rx7club.com/forum/images/smilies/bash.gif http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/html//emoticons/5.gif http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/html//emoticons/bangin[1].gif

Rower_CPU
Mar 3, 2004, 03:36 PM
Tsk, tsk...leeching images...

*shakes head in disbelief*

:p

Doctor Q
Mar 3, 2004, 06:17 PM
Obviously, my career as a criminal is not going well. I may have to turn myself in for the reward money.

MrMacMan
Mar 3, 2004, 09:58 PM
Maybe someone has a custom forum reader that posts for them, I honestly don;t know how they post so much, I can only keep pace with so many threads at a time, I have work and school so I don;t have enough time to post. Heh 3 years and 1700 posts, some of these kids have 8000 in a year:(

Sorry, I have to disagree... only the old people have anywhere near 8000 posts... and in a year, I laugh at you! :ha ha ha ha:

Obviously, my career as a criminal is not going well. I may have to turn myself in for the reward money.

Of Coarse, Luckily the reward money is $10,000 and the Bail money is $1,500...

Luck you! :D

Oh yes 'bribe the judge' is only $3000 -- its a sale!

:D

I think their secret is waste time and do homework the night before its due...

Ha!

I do homework the night before the night its due.

eyelikeart
Mar 4, 2004, 02:03 PM
seriously though... how do any of the top posters (that are in the age range 20-30) find the time to post so darn much? i am a college student and i can only do so much, people! what is your secret?

I've been out of school for nearly 5 years, and have primarily been working at a computer everyday ever since. At my old job, I had got a lot of opportunities to screw around while the boss wasn't looking, which pretty much did it for a couple years. Over the course of the last year, I've slowed down a lot. I'm busier than I used to be, and involved in more projects now that I'm working on my own. :D

Macmaniac
Mar 9, 2004, 08:24 PM
Maybe us old guys should sell our accounts for big cash, there are members out there who want a tar and the right to brag that they have over 1000 posts;)
I sense a new eBay craze;)

eyelikeart
Mar 10, 2004, 09:15 AM
Maybe us old guys should sell our accounts for big cash, there are members out there who want a tar and the right to brag that they have over 1000 posts;)
I sense a new eBay craze;)

Good call. A 3 year old account has gotta be worth something around here, not to mention with Moderator status. :D

Whomever wins my account though, will have to pay extra for my Ralphie avatar. ;)

Macmaniac
Mar 10, 2004, 03:35 PM
Good call. A 3 year old account has gotta be worth something around here, not to mention with Moderator status. :D

Whomever wins my account though, will have to pay extra for my Ralphie avatar. ;)
Let the bidding begin, we should post a forum and auction off accounts for charity;) Like we buy macs for some school that needs new computers.

Doctor Q
Mar 10, 2004, 07:25 PM
Can I sell advertising space in my signature?
___________________
Oh do pay attention 007. In the wrong hands, this Dual 2.0GHz Power Mac G5 could be very dangerous.

Subscribe now to TV Guide Magazine! 52 issues for just $19.76! That's only 38 cents an issue, a full 85% off the cover price! Operators are standing by!

Macmaniac
Mar 10, 2004, 09:33 PM
Can I sell advertising space in my signature?
___________________
Oh do pay attention 007. In the wrong hands, this Dual 2.0GHz Power Mac G5 could be very dangerous.

Subscribe now to TV Guide Magazine! 52 issues for just $19.76! That's only 38 cents an issue, a full 85% off the cover price! Operators are standing by!

I think that might pass into the realm of insanity, the last thing we need is huge sigs with huge commercials, although this may revolutionize the advertising industry;)

mnkeybsness
Mar 10, 2004, 10:18 PM
I joined on June 25th, 2001... 25 days too late to be on this list :( oh well.

evildead
Mar 25, 2004, 10:18 AM
06-18-2001

I havent been arround in a long time. The site even looks diffrent!

eyelikeart - your still arround? Good to see some familure Mac Heads

-evildead

eyelikeart
Mar 25, 2004, 05:20 PM
eyelikeart - your still arround? Good to see some familure Mac Heads

Of course. ;)

I believe I'll stick around a while. :cool:

kiwi_the_iwik
Mar 26, 2004, 03:28 AM
Yeah - even though nowadays I've got that feeling like I'm an old guy in a nightclub (everyone's so YOUNG, Goddamnit!!!).

It's you guys that let me feel like I'm not an old fogey. Don't go...

:)

[scene from "An Officer & A Gentleman]

"...I GO NOWHERE ELSE TO GOOOOO....!"

Nice to see you back, evil dude.

Macmaniac
Mar 26, 2004, 06:18 PM
06-18-2001

I havent been arround in a long time. The site even looks diffrent!

eyelikeart - your still arround? Good to see some familure Mac Heads

-evildead
Whoa you have not been around for a long time, I wondered what happened to u, I used to compete with you on post count. Welcome back:)

wdlove
Apr 2, 2004, 10:25 PM
Good call. A 3 year old account has gotta be worth something around here, not to mention with Moderator status. :D

Whomever wins my account though, will have to pay extra for my Ralphie avatar. ;)

Speaking of you Ralphie eyelikeart, I noticed a change recently. I'm just a little concerned, he appears to have some jaundice. Maybe you should put him under an ultraviolet light. Would hate to see him become ill! ;)

eyelikeart
Apr 3, 2004, 10:02 AM
Speaking of you Ralphie eyelikeart, I noticed a change recently. I'm just a little concerned, he appears to have some jaundice. Maybe you should put him under an ultraviolet light. Would hate to see him become ill! ;)

haha...I did change him the other day...

the colors are the result of too much wine & a massive amount of chocolate...

there's a few more shots of him... :eek: ;)

evildead
Apr 16, 2004, 02:27 PM
Whoa you have not been around for a long time, I wondered what happened to u, I used to compete with you on post count. Welcome back:)

I didnt know we were compeeting :) I guess that was back when the post count was listed on every post.

Good to see a familer poster. I guess I have just been too busy to stop by as much.

-evildead