PDA

View Full Version : redownload lion from mac dev?

adamtj11
Feb 26, 2011, 01:44 PM
managed to format my hard drive forgetting lion was on it, so now i need to redownload, how do i do it?

Steve Ballmer
Feb 26, 2011, 01:45 PM
As far as I know, you can't. It's a one-time download, and if you didn't copy over "Install Mac OS X," you're out of luck.

PBF
Feb 26, 2011, 01:52 PM
Unfortunately, you're SOL, at least until the next beta seed. At that time, you're prompted to re-generate a new redemption code to download the new seed.

admanimal
Feb 26, 2011, 02:45 PM
Why not just read the developer forums and find out how to get a new code for the current beta?

Steve Ballmer
Feb 26, 2011, 02:48 PM
Why not just read the developer forums and find out how to get a new code for the current beta?
I believe each ADC account is only limited to one redemption code per seed.

admanimal
Feb 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
I believe each ADC account is only limited to one redemption code per seed.

As I said, read the developer forums, specifically the FAQ in the Installation subforum of the Lion forum, and you will see that this is not the case. You can email dev support and have them generate a new code for you.

adamtj11
Feb 26, 2011, 03:20 PM
well i've emailed them now explaining what happened and it does they will give out new codes , doesnt exactly say for deleting the lion download but for errors and that, and the reason i formatted the drive was because lion wouldn't boot after it had installed, so i should get a new key.