Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
They look quite awful and are harder to decipher. Really want the matte notification badges back. Any idea how to revert to the old ones, via some sorta plist editing perhaps? Ta in advance. :)

img.tiff

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
ehh I don't mind it.. Have you noticed that in Reeder the scroll bars are kinda messed up.. (stuck at the bottom)

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
ehh I don't mind it.. Have you noticed that in Reeder the scroll bars are kinda messed up.. (stuck at the bottom)
Now that you've mentioned it, I did notice it. It only affects the article list column, thus preventing you from scrolling up/down. But it doesn't really affect me since I highlight the very top article from the start and use J key to navigate to the next one. :)

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Now that you've mentioned it, I did notice it. It only affects the article list column, thus preventing you from scrolling up/down. But it doesn't really affect me since I highlight the very top article from the start and use J key to navigate to the next one. :)

Glad its not me... I sent the dev a message on twitter to see if he knew! Doubt it gets fixed right away, as it doesn't really affect many people currently!

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
You can read them, but they are surely harder to read than the matte ones. At least, make them optional, Apple. :mad:
But to me they're not. I find them just as readable as before. Just because you find them less readable doesn't mean everyone else does.

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
If it bothers you that much, log onto ADC and file a bug report with Apple. It's not a bug per se, but the bug tracker can be used to provide feedback on features or changes that you feel could be improved.

tpg

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2010
I tend to have quite small icons in the dock - and then it definitely makes a difference (new style is completely illegible). With big icons I don't think it matters, so I wonder if those people who don't mind it tend to use a larger dock setting?

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I don't like them because they're too small, too badly anti-aliased and thus too hard to read. My dock is quite small and it was just fine with Snow Leopard, now I feel like it would require me to make my Dock twice as big, like in the Apple Stores, which looks horrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.