Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caseym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Hello,

A couple days ago I had trouble copying movies to my ipad. iTunes would freeze whenever I tried to copy a movie. I am not using jailbreak or anything like that.

Well I finally had it and tried to restore my ipad. But it will not restore all the way, it freezes at about 10% and stays there:

http://imgur.com/iIp2P

The actual ipad shows a progress bar that is blank. Do you have any tips for resolving this? I've searched for solutions but cannot find an answer. I cannot even use my ipad now as it shows the USB connection on the screen when it's unplugged.

I'm currently deployed in the military and would like to have my ipad for the long flight back!

Thanks,
Casey

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Did you try DFU mode? Google "iPad DFU" to find out how.

Also, do you have an Internet connection? iPad needs to check with Apple's servers during restore.

caseym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried DFU mode and it did the same thing. I do have a wireless internet connection so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't have access to a wired connection.

I'm going to give my ipad to a friend today that has an iMac. Hopefully he has better results!

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I'm somewhat savvy with my mobile devices, and I can't get this iPad out of recovery mode. Just updating to 4.3 and it hangs on the last 5% or so.

Ugh.

caseym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
All,

Want to let you know that the following worked for me:

1. Gave the iPad to a friend to restore (which worked)
2. iPad would still not transfer files from my computer, so I restored my computer to an earlier time

After this everything is working great.

Thanks,
Casey

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.