PDA

View Full Version : Pill button to close toolbar?

Feb 27, 2011, 12:06 PM
Has the pill button to open/close toolbars been abandoned in Lion? It doesn't appear in the screenshots (Mail, Finder) I've seen.

I'll be angry if it's gone; I love that button as much as I hate toolbars.

Warbrain
Feb 27, 2011, 12:16 PM
Has the pill button to open/close toolbars been abandoned in Lion? It doesn't appear in the screenshots (Mail, Finder) I've seen.

Appears that it is.

tourada
Feb 27, 2011, 12:17 PM

The pill button has been replaced by the fullscreen button. Posted is a screen shot of safari to show you what it looks like. There is no option to add the Toolbar control button. It may have been removed from Lion completely, or it may return in a future release. Remember, this is the first developer preview. New features will come out in the future.

neko girl
Feb 27, 2011, 12:19 PM
The pill button has been replaced by the fullscreen button. Posted is a screen shot of safari to show you what it looks like. There is no option to add the Toolbar control button. It may have been removed from Lion completely, or it may return in a future release. Remember, this is the first developer preview. New features will come out in the future.
Is the full screen button there for all applications, or just those that support special full screen mode?

Steve Ballmer
Feb 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
The pill button is gone but you can still hide toolbars by going to View.

tourada
Feb 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
Is the full screen button there for all applications, or just those that support special full screen mode?

Currently, it is only there for apps that support fullscreen mode.

rorschach
Feb 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
Just use the View menu.

jamied95
Feb 27, 2011, 04:13 PM
I thought the green button was the full screen?

AdrianK
Feb 27, 2011, 04:17 PM

no, full screen means the app consumes the entire screen. No Dock. No Menu Bar. Just the app you're working with.

tourada
Feb 27, 2011, 04:27 PM

The green doesn't really do full screen. It just optimizes the window to the screen. however, it keeps the dock and menubar. (And does not work well with widescreen) Fullscreen in Lion removes everything but the current application/page

jamied95
Feb 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
In Lion, when they demoed it, I thought they said that the green button (+) was now going to be the full screen button, which makes the program full screen.

tourada
Feb 28, 2011, 08:31 AM
At least in this build that is not the case. The green button works the same as in other OS's.

ErikGrim
Feb 28, 2011, 08:16 PM
At least in this build that is not the case. The green button works the same as in other OS's.

With the exception that option-clicking it now invokes full-screen where it previously maximised.