PDA

View Full Version : 10.7 how to enable trim ?

sascha h-k
Feb 27, 2011, 02:59 PM
hi

has anyone an idea how to enable trim on not bto ssd's from apple ?

or should we wait for ssd-drivers from apple ?!

thanks for advice.

ct2k7
Feb 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
hi

has anyone an idea how to enable trim on not bto ssd's from apple ?

or should we wait for ssd-drivers from apple ?!

thanks for advice.

Wait for the driver, and does the SSD support TRIM? Intel ones don't/

axu539
Feb 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
Wait for the driver, and does the SSD support TRIM? Intel ones don't/

I'm baffled as to where people keep getting the idea that Intel doesn't support TRIM. Intel has supported TRIM since late 09 in the G2's. Only the G1s don't support TRIM.

sascha h-k
Feb 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
it is a intel and i'm just curios ..

scmaster53
Feb 27, 2011, 03:16 PM
As of this build of Lion (11A390) TRIM is only supported on Apple SSDs. Such as the SSD on the MacBook Air.

From what I've heard and seen TRIM is not yet supported on other SSDs under OS X. This means Corsair, Intel and other SSDs don't as of yet support TRIM under Lion.

excalibur313
Feb 27, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm baffled as to where people keep getting the idea that Intel doesn't support TRIM. Intel has supported TRIM since late 09 in the G2's. Only the G1s don't support TRIM.

This. I have owned an intel drive for a year or two and I specifically remember installing the drivers that were supposed to give it trim support. Why is everyone saying that it doesn't? Does this mean trim should work for the g2 drives out of the box?

axu539
Feb 27, 2011, 03:45 PM
As of this build of Lion (11A390) TRIM is only supported on Apple SSDs. Such as the SSD on the MacBook Air.

From what I've heard and seen TRIM is not yet supported on other SSDs under OS X. This means Corsair, Intel and other SSDs don't as of yet support TRIM under Lion.

This. The SSD companies support Intel on their end, but OS X has yet to include support for them. I'm pretty sure it'll come, but I just ordered a 2011 MBP with an Apple SSD just in case, and because it was a great deal at $90 to upgrade.

ct2k7
Feb 27, 2011, 04:25 PM
Interesting. I was informed by a server rep that they didn't support TRIM. :/

axu539
Feb 27, 2011, 04:35 PM
Interesting. I was informed by a server rep that they didn't support TRIM. :/

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18363/eng/Release%20Notes.PDF

Firmware has been updated!