PDA

View Full Version : Is Grapher still included/ has it been updated?

StephenVanGogh
Feb 27, 2011, 05:14 PM
Is the Grapher app still included or has it been removed? I love that app, would be amazing if it has been improved!

appleguy123
Feb 27, 2011, 05:20 PM
It's the same as always.
I can tell that it's exactly the same because the Lion version can be ran on Snow Leopard.

tourada
Feb 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
They are the same...at least in features. However, Lion has grapher 2.2.

YB24
Apr 14, 2011, 08:06 AM
They are the same...at least in features. However, Lion has grapher 2.2.

Hi !
I run Grapher 2.1 in Snow Leopard, I used version 2.0 before. Six bugs were resolved in the new one. Did you check the Grapher 2.1 bugs list in the new Grapher 2.2 ? If not, how can you write that Grapher 2.2 = Grapher 2.1 ?
The (English) bugs list in attachment.
So long, YB24

kuwisdelu
Apr 14, 2011, 10:18 AM
So it's been updated? That's cool :)

I don't need any new features, and I don't use it very often, but it's incredibly useful to have around those times I do need it, so it's good to know it's still getting updates.

JDSample
Aug 6, 2011, 12:39 AM
I haven't used it that much, but I was playing with it today making animated plots of parametric equations x(t), y(t), with a dot that follows the plot as the value of t changes, something that would be a cool teaching/visualization tool.

Well, there is a button that is supposed to save the animation as a Quicktime movie, that presumably you could drop into a power point or Keynote presentation. When I do that, it creates a movie, brings up a new display window and crashes Grapher every time.

Anyone have any luck with that? I couldn't tell you if it used to work on Snow Leopard, because this is the first I've tried it.

YB24
Aug 7, 2011, 08:07 AM
I haven't used it that much, but I was playing with it today making animated plots of parametric equations x(t), y(t), with a dot that follows the plot as the value of t changes, something that would be a cool teaching/visualization tool.

Well, there is a button that is supposed to save the animation as a Quicktime movie, that presumably you could drop into a power point or Keynote presentation. When I do that, it creates a movie, brings up a new display window and crashes Grapher every time.

Anyone have any luck with that? I couldn't tell you if it used to work on Snow Leopard, because this is the first I've tried it.

Yes, see < https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3241739 > YB24

JDSample
Aug 8, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, see < https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3241739 > YB24

Thanks,

That's me asking the same question on that forum. I followed the steps indicated and observed the same crash of grapher, so I will report it to Apple Feedback.